Halloween Lockdown Day, Anyone Else?

Quote:
My mallards!! I love them! It is peeping at me and I want to hold it. And on further inspection (and help from the ducky peeps) I realized that the others ARE moving, they have just changed position and it looks weird. I'm a candling novice. It's not something we did growing up. That may sound weird but some people don't candle.
Now I'm addicted to candling too. I have an addictive personality. LOL!

Wed. is the big day for you too! Yay!!

Ok so I got up early to see if you had any babies yet. Mine aren't even wriggling yet. Tomorrow I'm hoping for some type of action. They are bantams, so really do expect them to start hatching on Wed..instead of Thurs..that's if they are doing well. If I get some Lavenders, you will hear me all the way from here to there..where ever there is. lol....I'll be going, yes, a lavender...yes, another lavender. At least I can only hope.
Mallards...love the Drakes..do I have that right? The boy is a Drake, with the real pretty turquoise head coloring?

Oh, and don't you dare hold it yet! Unless it's hatched by now! No holding the peeping eggs!
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif

Nothing yet. In fact, no progress at all.
sad.png
I was hoping to see a little fuzzy booty this morning. So maybe sometime today!
And then I'll post pics.

Quote:
I found that my ducks took longer from pip to hatch. Have you hatched ducks before? At least with the pip, you know they have air.
smile.png

Oh, and they are probably taking their sweet little time absorbing their yolk and then gathering their strength to zip.

Last edited:
Quote:
You locked down yesterday..and you hear sounds? Are they bantams? I have been thinking that since I have bantams, I just may gets some pips by tonight, and some hatched by tomorrow, not due to hatch until Thurs.

Quote:
I found that my ducks took longer from pip to hatch. Have you hatched ducks before? At least with the pip, you know they have air.
smile.png

Oh, and they are probably taking their sweet little time absorbing their yolk and then gathering their strength to zip.

I have never hatched ducks before. So thanks for the advice on that one!

Quote:
You locked down yesterday..and you hear sounds? Are they bantams? I have been thinking that since I have bantams, I just may gets some pips by tonight, and some hatched by tomorrow, not due to hatch until Thurs.

I just read that smaller chickens do tend to hatch earlier if conditions have been right throughout the hatch. Storey's guide to raising chickens. It has to do with surface area ratio. I think my Serama egg (just 1) is dead, but I'm going to wait since it isn't due until Saturday.

I have a pip. I get up early to put on a bone stimulator around my neck that I have to wear for 4 hrs. a day. I checked the eggs, half way thinking there could be a pip or two..yep.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom