Halo..pics of my BBS Rocks

I decided that when I no longer have Suede, I wont be breeding the Blue Orpingtons any longer (at least that's my feeling at the moment). I could have some Blue Rocks, a slightly smaller bird, and still get the Blues! Suede is such a tank, he's always spraining his leg by jumping or running too hard with all those pounds of pressure behind it.

I think they're very pretty birds....and their blue is even bluer than the orps. Well, between me and Kathy I bet we can get you going with some hatching eggs!!!
smile.png

Wow....your blue and splash pullets look just like mine. They are just to die for. Id like to see some more pictures of blue roo #3. I had a blue too like your #1 and #2. I got rid of him, just a personal preference, he wasn't "upright" enough for me. That splash roo looks very pretty too. Take some more pics of Bachelor #3, Id like to see some more of him. He looks a lot like Mr. B. Gorgeous birds, Katy, but Im not prejudiced!!!

That is what I want to start collecting...eggs to hatch for either BBS Orps or BBS Rocks. Even made hubby build coop big enough to split down the center and the run as well so I can keep them separate from the RIR I have. Just hope I can get some eggs once my bator is finished.

Katy...I covet..hehehe
lol.png

Nice looking birds you have there!!!
big_smile.png

I think its because I adore Suede so much and he's so sweet and personable, I'm afraid that I wouldn't luck out twice and get me another Gentle Giant. He's just ruined me for another blue Orp rooster, I guess, LOL.

Cyn, thats pretty much why I decided to get blue rocks instead of blue orps. I like the smaller bird; I think they are a little more efficient. They are fluffy, but not as fluffy as the orps. I sometimes wonder if too much fluffy hinders fertilization. And as much as I love my chickies, they have to do that fertilization deal on their own...I aint helpin there!! And it seems theres a lot of really serious breeders of orps, they seem in very good hands. With the rocks, I can cross them with barred rocks and get really strong gorgeous chicks with hopefully good laying capabilities. So its all good.

Hmmmmm ....Just what I need more blues to think about
wink.png

I've always liked BBS Rocks. Those are very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom