Hands off Hatching

PD-Riverman

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 14, 2012
Conway SC
I know we have many Hands--on---Hatchers on here that have learned what to do to have a good hatch and I am happy for them.

I have mentioned many times that I have family and friends that had the worst luck when opening the incubator during the hatch---real low hatch %----even myself in the beginning. I have helped by explaining what I do now---KEEP IT CLOSED till the hatch is over. Often now I get e-mails, and in-person Thanks at their great results/hatch % they are having after doing what I do. A couple of examples---I just now got a e-mail again from one Guy---whom has a LG incubator he stuck a fan in---this Guy was hatching 2 or 3 sometimes 5 or 6 out of a few dozen eggs---now like today---his PM made me smile for him---again he has hatched 95+ % 24 out of 25 eggs in his cheap incubator---he sends me PM's every few weeks about his great results. Another lady In Canada had real low hatch % in the beginning with real good equipment---after a few e-mails she is now hatching 95+% every hatch---she keeps sending e-mails with her great hatches---this is why I do it---I love helping and seeing these great results.

I know the hands-on-hatchers Love what they are doing---and that's good.

All of us hands-off-hatchers Love our results too and we do not want to change either. We never have to take tweezers and help a pipped chick hatch or worry about roll over eggs by the hatched chicks---we just let them hatch. Sure there is some(some times I have a couple or 3 out of 200 or 300)--sometimes that have not broken completely out and I just break them the rest of the way out quickly with my fingers---no bleeding----because they were ready to hatch but----just a week chick that needed a little help.

I found out on this board there is more than one way to have a great hatch----Just need to decide what you are going to try and get the info needed to make your hatch its best. Great hatches to everyone is my desire!

Last edited:
everybody hatches differently for sure. I personally like to be hands off, I just check the temp and let em go. I am by no means an expert at hatching, my first clutch failed on hatch day due to my incubators temp going haywire and spiking too high. I currently have eggs hatching starting last night and into today. Out of 20 eggs 7 have hatched so far with more almost out when I left for work, can't wait for my fiancé to text me on her lunch break to tell me where we are at now. Hoping for 80% or better as my first complete incubation. I also need to invest in a better incubator I currently have a still air LG and I hate the thing.

Back
Top Bottom