Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Finally got our 2nd pip!

View attachment 2493039

7 hrs and no progress on the 2nd pip..... :( The first chick is fully dry now but I am hesitant to take him out. If the 2nd egg hasn't hatched by morning, then I will take him out. He is pecking at the egg shells and gets very excited when he sees someone through the dome. Poor little fella needs a friend....

7 hrs and no progress on the 2nd pip..... :( The first chick is fully dry now but I am hesitant to take him out. If the 2nd egg hasn't hatched by morning, then I will take him out. He is pecking at the egg shells and gets very excited when he sees someone through the dome. Poor little fella needs a friend....
The first egg I had pip took over 24 hours!! It will probably happen tonight!

I have filled the incubator up again! This time with surprise eggs! The lady I bought eggs from gave me a couple extras of small silkie eggs. I added them even though I already had 22 eggs in the incubator 😬 I will have to hand turn them and because they are small they will not stop the other eggs from turning. I figured if there are some that don’t develop or are early quitters then it will make room for them to have their own spot but hopefully still keep the incubator full. We will just see how it works 🤞🏻
FBB0B59A-2350-47AC-9F70-66F786C4EEEA.jpeg

I have filled the incubator up again! This time with surprise eggs! The lady I bought eggs from gave me a couple extras of small silkie eggs. I added them even though I already had 22 eggs in the incubator 😬 I will have to hand turn them and because they are small they will not stop the other eggs from turning. I figured if there are some that don’t develop or are early quitters then it will make room for them to have their own spot but hopefully still keep the incubator full. We will just see how it works 🤞🏻View attachment 2493831

lol! Keep us updated on how your floating hand-turned eggs work out!

2nd egg hatched overnight! This one definitely looks like a RIR Ameraucana cross.... So I'm thinking the first one might be a BO Ameraucana cross.

3rd egg still hasn't pipped yet. We are now on Day 22. I will wait another 3-4 days to see what happens.

View attachment 2494022
View attachment 2494023

:celebrate I'm so so glad at least two hatched for you! I always worry about a lone baby but as long as there are two they will be fine!

Without having to scroll through 129 pages anyone have advice on hatching shipped eggs in the NR 360?! This isn’t my first hatch but it is my first with the NR 360 and with shipped eggs. I’m guessing there’s not really a way to keep them upright? What about not turning for 2-3 days? Is that possible with this incubator and how it’s automatic and counts down the days?

Without having to scroll through 129 pages anyone have advice on hatching shipped eggs in the NR 360?! This isn’t my first hatch but it is my first with the NR 360 and with shipped eggs. I’m guessing there’s not really a way to keep them upright? What about not turning for 2-3 days? Is that possible with this incubator and how it’s automatic and counts down the days?

For shipped eggs I allow them to rest upright for 8-24 hours (usually the lesser because I feel like age is more important than resting and if they're scrambled no amount of resting the eggs will get them to develop). After resting the eggs I place them directly in the turner and incubate as usual. I've had really great hatches doing this. IF the air cell is completely detached, like floating around freely, then I would use a carton to place them upright until the air cell re-attaches itself. If the air cells are saddled or "jiggly" I still put them in the horizontal turner. Turning at the beginning of incubation is very important.

https://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/the-biology-behind-egg-turning

Back
Top Bottom