Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Last egg of this hatch. It's pipped and looks good. This was from a batch of shipped eggs that were in transit with the USPS for 10 days. 1/12 arrived cracked. Only 2/12 developed. One of those quit late. Only this one egg remains. :fl

Just to avoid any potential singleton comments I have other newly hatched chicks it'll be added with.

View attachment 2513045

Fingers crossed for the little one!

I got my Harris Farms Nurture right 360 incubator last night from Amazon. I am soo excited! :wee. I am getting me today the distilled water and I can test it tonight before adding eggs. I read the manual but I got confused on how often to refill the water reservoir. I understand that I need to fill the reservoir A twice a day ( in the morning and at night) until day 18. On day 18 I have to fill Reservoir A & B also twice a day. is that right?

Thanks

It hatched! I only got a quick peak on my way out the door.
I IMG_20210203_072150783.jpg IMG_20210203_072141188.jpg

I got my Harris Farms Nurture right 360 incubator last night from Amazon. I am soo excited! :wee. I am getting me today the distilled water and I can test it tonight before adding eggs. I read the manual but I got confused on how often to refill the water reservoir. I understand that I need to fill the reservoir A twice a day ( in the morning and at night) until day 18. On day 18 I have to fill Reservoir A & B also twice a day. is that right?

Thanks
I just check the water level once or twice a day and refill of it looks like it’s getting low.

Thanks

When I first started incubating I only refilled it once a day but now I do tend to top it off before I go to bed. How dry your house is will make a difference as to how often it will need to be refilled but for most people twice a day seems to do the trick.

The last chicks hatched yesterday. I finally got around to cleaning the incubator this evening. It brought up some sanitizing questions.

This outer most well, the arrow points at in the first picture, appears to serve no function other than collecting chick down and other nastiness. I had to use q-tip and it took probably 20-30 minutes of alternatingly spraying, scrubbing, and the air compressor. It was quite the deal.

I haven't seen this mentioned but looking forward to the next hatch I'd like to stuff this well with some paper towels at lockdown. Like the second picture. Those could then be easily removed post hatch. Cutting cleaning time to probably 1/3 the amount of time it took today.

Thoughts?

IMG_20210204_194526271~2.jpg IMG_20210204_194626927.jpg

Thank you for the heads up on the gunk collector (structural ) baffles, I think I will do exactly what you proposed with paper towels or maybe something like paper medical tape. I didn’t notice any major junk there from my quail hatch, but maybe they weren’t as messy.
Hows the chick?

The last chicks hatched yesterday. I finally got around to cleaning the incubator this evening. It brought up some sanitizing questions.

This outer most well, the arrow points at in the first picture, appears to serve no function other than collecting chick down and other nastiness. I had to use q-tip and it took probably 20-30 minutes of alternatingly spraying, scrubbing, and the air compressor. It was quite the deal.

I haven't seen this mentioned but looking forward to the next hatch I'd like to stuff this well with some paper towels at lockdown. Like the second picture. Those could then be easily removed post hatch. Cutting cleaning time to probably 1/3 the amount of time it took today.

Thoughts?

View attachment 2516700View attachment 2516702

It's the overflow and there are additional ventilation holes as well. I use the disposable Clorox wipes to clean it because they're sturdy enough to twist and get into all the crannies without issues.

Thank you pointing out the air holes! Overflow I don't have a concern about but the air holes I'll be careful to keep open.

I started with those wipes. They just weren't cutting it this round. Possibly because it was a staggered hatch. I had chicks hatching mostly Saturday then 1's and 2's through Wednesday. More time for debris to get baked onto the plastic I'd guess.

Back
Top Bottom