Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Day 12 for this batch. 4 Leghorns and 6 shipped eggs remaining. They're all looking pretty good. I have high hopes for a nice hatch.

I have one more batch of shipped eggs coming in a few weeks. Once weather on their end improves. That'll be it for the year.

My birds from the July '20 hatch a long started laying last week. Beautiful eggs (Silverudd's, Marans).

IMG_20210222_084351668.jpg IMG_20210222_085433172.jpg

These last couple of days I’ve had trouble maintaining the humidity. I’m on day 11 and I’m not doing anything different, keeping water level the same, vent opened halfway. I check it before bed and it’s at 50-51%. Mornings its 48% and I add a little warmed water, it then goes back to 50-51% but now when I get up it has been as low as 29%! Any ideas of why or what I can do differently? The weather has gone from freezing outside, thank you winter storm, to warm and sunny. I was running the heater in the house but haven’t needed heat or air the last couple of days. Will this humidity bouncing affect the embryo/chick growth?

Is the water low when you get up? make sure the lid is on there good too, mine fluctuates into the high 40s overnight too but not that low

These last couple of days I’ve had trouble maintaining the humidity. I’m on day 11 and I’m not doing anything different, keeping water level the same, vent opened halfway. I check it before bed and it’s at 50-51%. Mornings its 48% and I add a little warmed water, it then goes back to 50-51% but now when I get up it has been as low as 29%! Any ideas of why or what I can do differently? The weather has gone from freezing outside, thank you winter storm, to warm and sunny. I was running the heater in the house but haven’t needed heat or air the last couple of days. Will this humidity bouncing affect the embryo/chick growth?

It sounds like you're just not adding enough water and it's all evaporating overnight.

I agree it's not getting enough water. Try measuring an exact amount. When completely dry it take slightly over 1/2 cup. If you're only adding a few tablespoons at time it will look ok but run dry quickly.

Something I noticed with mine, it's my biggest complaint actually, is that the water in the "A" well looks full way before the trough is filled completely. Now, when in doubt, I just add more water. It could be what's happened with you too. You could have initially added another water to maintain humidity. Now that it's been running awhile most of that has evaporated and topping off isn't enough to maintain it at the proper level. It's a pain but if you really want to see what's going on remove the eggs, turner, and base plate before topping off again. Only then will you be able to get an idea of how much water it really needs.

A few days of high or low humidity will not affect the chicks as long as the average over the 21 days is good (for your area).

Back
Top Bottom