Harry Potter - THe Deathly Hallows

Quote:
I cried when Hedwig died, saddest thing EVER!
hit.gif
I think they did a great job too!

Quote:
Oh yes, totally agree! That was a nice twist to the usual way they portrayed things in the movies. Better then just reading it.
big_smile.png

I was making commentary for the people who have NOT READ THE BOOKS. What I stated was not explained in the movies.
The mirror shard is NEVER explained.
The wandlore is completely removed.
The Tonks/Lupin relationship is NEVER explained.

The CGI was exactly as it has been in the past movies; excellent.

I agree that if I had not read the books (like a million times) that I would have a hard time knowing what was going on a lot of the time. I think it was mentioned when Dobby disapparated with Luna and Mr Ollivander out of the Malfoy's dungeon that they were going to Bill and Fleur's cottage? If so, that would explain where Harry got the shovel and that they didn't steal it.

But you know, the whole series of HP is so complicated and detail-oriented, there is no way that they could EVER get it all in a 2-3 hour movie. I tell everybody I know to read the books.

On a whole, though, I really really think they did a good job with the movie. One thing that I did wish they would have put in was the radio program Potter Watch. I also thought that when Harry saw his old house in Godric's Hollow they should have made the sign appear like it did in the book.

I thought the same thing about people who have not read the books. My husband was able to follow along fairly well since the rest of us in the house are huge HP nerds, but he agreed that it would have been kind of confusing if he hadn't heard us talking about it all the time. I just asked him about the mirror shard and he thought it was maybe a piece of the mirror of erised, so that definitely needed to be explained further. I do wish they spent more time on wandlore as well.

The changes I didn't care for were:
I wish they hadn't changed the part where Wormtail gets strangled by his silver hand.
I didn't like that they had Harry, Ron, and Hermione walking around instead of disapparating.
How are they going to explain how Snape knew where to put the sword and send the doe since they didn't have Phineas Nigellus' portrait with them.
I thought a great part of the book was when Harry realizes what Kreacher has been through and they become friendly, I wish that had been in the movie.

All in all though, I liked it much better than the last one. I thought the last movie was awful, this one was a nice improvement.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh I loved that part too! To be so cool with whatever is happening because you know its going to be all good! I need me some of that potion!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom