Has anyone bred Pekin and welsh harlequin ducks together??

Eating on the hay/straw?? Do you use wood chips also? I guess I'll just stick with that then
I thought I read that most people use straw
I use horse bedding shavings they are thick. But try the hay. I have heard it isn’t as absorbing as shavings but @DuckyDonna uses it. Some use straw I use to and did not like it because to me it wasn’t absorbent at all.
Oh ok. Than I wont waste my time. I just found that I'm going thru ALOT of wood shavings (but I am OCD & scoop out the area they poop on nonstop all day) I tried chopped straw bedding with Emmie & Max when they were younger and they would Not stop eating it....it was bad. Have you or do you use Coop 'N Compost? (Zeolite) Thought about maybe sprinkling a little underneath the wood chips..... is it bad if they ingest any tho? Obviously they wouldnt provide it it was very harmful but just thought I'd check with you.

Know any one you totally trust that would like just drakes? It can work if there aren’t females @thumper650 has drakes only
I know NOONE!!! I am, apparently, or so I'm told at the vets office, the "duck lady" around here 😉 Question..... if I seperate or switch out, what will happen to the 1 that leaves or gets left, or the group that seperates?? They are very close!! I would hate to make a duck depressed or miserable. Can that happen?

I did see the blue and green on the wings of Stella and Celeste. It's amazing how the dark ones seem to have vibrant colors on a small part of their feathers. @Runner duck mom's chocolate ducks both have it as do my 2 dark ones. You at least were able to get a great picture. I never seem to be able to catch the moment when the sun/light hits them just right. The colors seem to change right before your eyes as they move. I've never been able to get a picture as good as yours.

I wouldn't worry about the names. I had my Daisy who was ALL boy but I never could call him anything but Daisy. It was my first hatch and I was clueless plus he was my favorite snuggle duck. @Runner duck mom has Sheldon and Melvin who are both girls. I was going to name 2 of the ducks I hatched last spring (runner duck mom's grand ducks) Sheldon and Joan after my aunt and uncle but they turned out opposite so I just call them Shelly and Jonah.
That's funny. They dont know anyway!😉 Other than Joy, Celeste is my cuddle bug, just like Max was. Everytime I walk in the room shes up & to the front waiting for me to lean down. Once I do, she just leans her head against my arm, cheek, or whatever she can get to. 😍I melt right there.🥰
I do have a question for anyone.... It gets very hot down here. Miserable hot, (that's why were moving to the mountains as soon as were able.) We stay in the high 90s here all summer, often hitting 100 & a little higher. What does everyone do or have to keep their ducks cool? Does just a pool/pond & shade work for them ok? Since Celeste is apparently Extremely "hot natured", per our vet, I want to go ahead & start making a plan for our pen outside. Just wanted to see everyone's thoughts & ideas on this, what has worked for you, what hasn't, etc.... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom