Has anyone had a scope done on their knee for

2468Chickensrgr8

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
Ontario
torn Cartleridge ? and have some Artheritis also in that knee? What was your out come?
I had a scope done last Thursday .....oh yes and I am in my 40's ....Now I have to go to Physiotherapy
ya.gif

I did when I was about 15. It went pretty good, but I had to wear a leg brace and use crutches for about a month afterwards. I also had a torn ligament that they did nothing about. That got to have reconstructive surgery when I was about 28. That one was not fun, the scope was in and out, the reconstruction, I was in the hospital for 5 days!!

Quote:
Oh thank you thank you .....You of all people would know how I feel because I have a baby PBP that needs my attention right now ...thank GOD for when the sun goes down because she goes to bed like a good little girl ...come on green grass !!!! and for the computer being in the Kitchen ....slash ...pig pen ......

Is it okay that I PM you asking you questions about Pot belly Pigs...Just want to make sure I am doing this right.....

Quote:
It was day surgery for me ....in and out .....no brace ...i had to walk on it right away ....I am just hoping this heas fast at least before the nice weather arrives so i can ride again ....thanks for the information ....Hows your knee now?

Last edited:
i've been present in surgeries when they've done them on horses-arthroscopic surgery. it was interesting to see it done and how few incisions they use to get in there.

i have a friend who has had them done every few years and the last time she had to have it done i believe they used a laser to help remove some of the cartilage and scar tissue.

awful
lol.png

I've got arthritis in it pretty bad, and it gets 'stuck' a lot. The reconstruction required putting screws in the bones to hold the replacement, and one of them is working it's way out.
hmm.png

I had my left knee scoped 8 years ago( I was 50). I was back playing golf in 2 weeks. No problems since. You will feel much better before the therapy is over, do not stop the therapy the few I know that had a problem did not complete the therapy.

Bob

Quote:
OOOH but I dont likkkkeee therapy ......it hurts ......
One of the fella's on husband's Tuesday night hockey team had it done and he bounced back pretty good also ...but he told me he sits down at a desk all day ...

Back
Top Bottom