Has anyone ordered from "Healthy Chicks and More" site?

ptig78d

Songster
13 Years
Apr 28, 2008
Bucksport, ME
I am preparing to place an order for some pullets and cockerels and found this site. The main reason I like this site is that it allows for a minimum order of 10 chicks and offers free shipping and handling, however, the prices are a little higher). They also have a 100% guarantee on the arrival condition of the chicks. Anyone ever ordered from them?
their website is www.healthychicksandmore.com

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,
Curious if you ordered your chicks as it sounds like the order I would like to make. These would be my first and I am getting a late start in the year, I am anxious to start but cannot find a local place here in Western CT to buy.
Were you happy with your order?
Thanks!
Holly

They say "as hatched", which means not sexed, as in, straight-run. Didnt see where you could pick pullets. I'll have to look closer.
***Ok, I saw a "Pullet Mix" further into the website. Most are straight run, though. The pullets are $5 each.

Last edited:
Hmm...doesn't sound like a bad deal. I'm wondering though, with only 10 chicks, will they be able to keep each other warm during shipping, or will they give you lots of 'packing peanuts?'

I went on and gave them a try and ordered from them a few weeks ago since no one reall had anything bad to say about them. I am expecting my babies Tues. I ordered 10 RIR pullets. The offered me a free one of their choice and sex, so I said sure, why not? But I did ask if they would let me know what breed they threw in as the extra, and they said it would be identified when they shipped it. As far as ordering pullets, after you select the breed, at the bottom you can select sex, vaccines, and other things. I don't have my chickies yet, but I'm a first timer and had lots of questions. So far their customer service has been great. They have responded well to all my emails and called me back within 5 min after I called and didn't get an answer. They have been very kind and considerate to my ignorace. They guarantee live chicks or replace/refund. I'll let everyone know how my babies are when they arrive. Until then, I have to wait and wait and wait and wait....
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom