Hatch-Along - setting eggs tonight or tom who's with me on this

We candled several of ours last night, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. There's definitely something in there, but did not detect any movement. Should be some at 7 days, right??

Also, can someone tell me about reducing/increasing the humidity level on day 18? I have a Brinsea Mini with the two sides that hold water. Instructions say to keep one side filled, but they don't say anything about altering the humidity level on the last few days.

Did I read somewhere that you can cause damage candling after the 18th day?

Thanks everyone. I'm obviously new to this!

Kay

I found mine used on Craigslist...Is like new and came with a candler and automatic turner. I paid $125....I did see someone had one posted on here under "Everything Else" buy-sell-trade
Wish I could find a deal that good. I've been watching Craigslist, ebay, & buy-sell-trade on here for a brinsea or a genesis for a little while but haven't seen a good enough deal.

Found this amazing pictorial review of one person's candling of their hatch....very helpful. Thanks to the original author!!!
thumbsup.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation

Last edited:
Well, I just candeled. Just to see if I could see anything. I only put 8 eggs in. I can tell 7/8 have veins! :)
I'm so happy! And excited. But today is only day 4. The 8th egg, I just couldn't tell or not because it was more of what I call a spotted darker egg. It was just hard to tell. But yay! Excited!

Ok, after all this all I just had to do it. I candled about ten of my 34 eggs tonight. Day 5 for me. I saw a dark area in all of the eggs, looks like a dark yolk, and veins in most. Coolest thing though, I was able to see a tiny black dot that looked like the chicks eye as shown in pictures.

Now my wife, who was a little resistant at first is starting to get excited about my chicks.
yesss.gif

Not too excited but excited nonetheless.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Wish I could find a deal that good. I've been watching Craigslist, ebay, & buy-sell-trade on here for a brinsea or a genesis for a little while but haven't seen a good enough deal.
I "liked" Brinsea on Facebook and they posted this deal today. We have the following demo incubators available:
- Three Mini Eco regular price $89.99 demo price $59.99

- Two Mini Advance regular price $169.99 demo price $109.99
- One Mini Advance EX (without cooling feature) regular price $389.99 demo price $269.99
- Five Octagon 20 Eco regular price $169.99 demo price $109.99
None of these have been used with real eggs or chicks and only have some small marks or scratches. They are in perfect working condition and all come with our full 2 year warranty (please register online within 30 days of purchase).
These are not posted on our website yet. We thought we’d give you guys first pick. If you’re interested send us a message on Facebook or email [email protected]

I "liked" Brinsea on Facebook and they posted this deal today. We have the following demo incubators available:
- Three Mini Eco regular price $89.99 demo price $59.99

- Two Mini Advance regular price $169.99 demo price $109.99
- One Mini Advance EX (without cooling feature) regular price $389.99 demo price $269.99
- Five Octagon 20 Eco regular price $169.99 demo price $109.99
None of these have been used with real eggs or chicks and only have some small marks or scratches. They are in perfect working condition and all come with our full 2 year warranty (please register online within 30 days of purchase).
These are not posted on our website yet. We thought we’d give you guys first pick. If you’re interested send us a message on Facebook or email [email protected]
Thanks for the info. I sent them an email but don't know if I'll hear back from them. I imagine they will go pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom