Hatch-Along - Setting eggs week of Feb 4th..anyone else?

Oh my goodness. I used to take care of preemies (the human kind). That was tough enough. I can't imagine caring for a preemie gosling. I will keep it in my prayers.
It's a sebbie, right?
Yes, a beautiful sebastopol gosling.

She's getting stronger and stronger. She really is my little miracle baby. She's been through so much. First she couldn't internally pip and her CO2 levels were rising, so I completely the very risky procedure of creating an aritificial internal pip. It took me 30 minutes to make a hole about the size of a pea because of all of the blood vessels. If I would have hit one, she would have bled out almost instantly. Then after a day like that, she ruptured her yolk sac and you know the rest of the story.

She has also imprinted on me. I got up to go get something and she started screeching and running after me in her "drunken" newly hatched chick walk. I love her so much.

I couldn't even imagine the stress of caring for preemies... I can barely handle my little gosling, haha.

That face...

I finally got those photos uploaded.

Here she is right after I made the aritifial internal pip.

Here's right after I had to cut her out of the shell.

And finally, here she is now.

That face...
dat face... wit dat attitude.

I finally got those photos uploaded.

Here she is right after I made the aritifial internal pip.

Here's right after I had to cut her out of the shell.

And finally, here she is now.

Yes, a beautiful sebastopol gosling.

She's getting stronger and stronger. She really is my little miracle baby. She's been through so much. First she couldn't internally pip and her CO2 levels were rising, so I completely the very risky procedure of creating an aritificial internal pip. It took me 30 minutes to make a hole about the size of a pea because of all of the blood vessels. If I would have hit one, she would have bled out almost instantly. Then after a day like that, she ruptured her yolk sac and you know the rest of the story.

She has also imprinted on me. I got up to go get something and she started screeching and running after me in her "drunken" newly hatched chick walk. I love her so much.

I couldn't even imagine the stress of caring for preemies... I can barely handle my little gosling, haha.

Oh, my goodness - that's really amazing.
Congratulations on the beautiful new baby!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom