Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fl.gif
I have a black barthuhner egg in lock down and it has an active chick in it!!

And here I thought I had put down all the black barthuhner chicks I got from GFF due to issues. I was sitting in my young juvie pen and what should happen to run by me? A black barthuhner!!!
celebrate.gif
I need to inspect it this weekend to make sure there are no issues with it.
Yay!!!

It isn't that I don't like games...I just need a tangible product at the end of any expenditure of energy that I can look at and see that my time has been recorded for posterity. lLike a decorated egg, or a sweater, or a chicken coop. It is a need, not an optional thing. It is a compulsion that makes me itch in my seat if it isn't satisfied.

I love board games where you can drink wine and actually sit across the table from the people you are playing with and see them while I knit a few rows between one turn and the next. (And hopefully the wine isn't too much of a dominant gene that expresses in the knitting.)

I'm with you... I like games, but right now working full-time and my kiddos are little, and trying to work on the chickens, I just don't have time, and would rather do something productive... BYC is pretty much the only thing I do that is semi-relaxing (sometimes stressful if I watch the swap too much, lol)

Squee! My SOP came today!! I kept thinking it was overpriced. I didn't realize it is text book sized and quality (better than some!) so excited...I have a chicken encyclopedia to read
big_smile.png
No really, I like reading encyclopedias. Nick name growing up was "Encyclopedia Brown," because I was always reading them.

Ohhh... I need to save my $ for one, too... I LOVE reference books!!

I am on a roll! I have 1 or 2 more coming too! Anybody else want to do a side swap LOL... I have eggs running out my ears. Took 4.5 doz to the neighbor so he could help eat some. I am getting about 4 doz a day right now. Why eat perfectly good hatching eggs?????

I am overflowing in

GNH x Reg NH
I bought a flock of Blue and Black Eng Orps too... coming in a week or so.
celebrate.gif
And my CCL Pullet started laying... but I only have her brother so got to wait a few more months for a roo for her. Rhodebars are getting big too.... not too long they will need a pen.

In the fall maybe???
hide.gif
I'm about ready to take a break from hatching until fall... maybe then I can actually get the garden planted., lol

I have eggs zipping from a side swap I did with ChicwannaB (don't think I've seen her on this swap)... some Polish and Amer crosses, woo-hoo!! some of the best air cells I've had in shipped eggs!!!!!

Omg omg omg one of my 6 BLRW has a chick in it. Omg omg omg.
I know one in six is terrible but I'm so excited to even have one in my first go! Eeeeee maybe by tomorrow another egg will have a little progress? Or do they all progress at the same rate? I put them all in the incubator at the same time.

Last edited:
Omg omg omg one of my 6 BLRW has a chick in it. Omg omg omg.
I know one in six is terrible but I'm so excited to even have one in my first go! Eeeeee maybe by tomorrow another egg will have a little progress? Or do they all progress at the same rate? I put them all in the incubator at the same time.
fl.gif
for you...it IS exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom