So, my main question is, when you crack the egg, do you have to worry about getting all of the egg white out of the shell? I am assuming you do, how do you do that without contaminating the egg white with bacteria?
I put a hole in one end of the egg, and then pick pieces of shell off with tweezers until the hole is big enough to pour the egg yolk and white out.

Okay, and what if some of the egg white stays on the inside of the egg shell?
I incubated mine in their shells so I didn't have to provide calcium and oxygen, I just broke away half of the shell so the embryo would be visible. I mostly wanted to get pics of the embryo throughout incubation so the half shell was sufficient. I don't know if it would matter since I didn't do it that way.

I incubated mine in their shells so I didn't have to provide calcium and oxygen, I just broke away half of the shell so the embryo would be visible. I mostly wanted to get pics of the embryo throughout incubation so the half shell was sufficient. I don't know if it would matter since I didn't do it that way.
Ooh, got it. That sounds a lot safer, and makes more sense.

I would advise you to figure out the difference of weight between a chicken egg, and a quail egg. A kitchen scale would really help with that. Then that would give you an idea what the difference of the chemicals and water to use. Keep me posted.
that's a really smart idea, I'll try to figure it out. It might take me a while to actually do this experiment, but when I do I'll definitely take pictures and show you guys the development and how the experiment is going!

Back
Top Bottom