What position to hatch saddled air cell eggs in?

• Total voters
@BantamAshley thank you for posting all of your information on the thermometers and hygrometers. I appreciate your willingness to share!

Day 18 and lockdown is here. At the last candling I found that 6 of the eggs with a detached air cell actually healed! Yay! So here's what I'm looking at -

12 eggs total, 2 have been on their sides the entire time and development seems to be progressing normally with air cells intact. :yesss:

That leaves 10 with a history of some issues, but things are looking more hopeful than when I first jumped on this thread. Only 4 still have detached air cells, 6 have healed. :celebrate

4 have saddled air cells and one of those still has a detached air cell with some rolling fluid, but there's movement! :woot

I have seen movement in 8 of the 12 and am hopeful that I will be able to beat the odds of that 25% hatch rate. :plbb

Ready to assist if necessary and keeping my fingers crossed... :fl

Good luck! I'm laying mine down and increasing the humidity this evening also!

:fl

@WVduckchick - very nerve-wracking... the wait. I keep checking in to see if any have pipped. Only rocking and rolling so far and they love Country Music! Still hanging in there?

:pop

I'm at work!! :barnie
I really don't expect any pips until late this evening, at the earliest. Tomorrow will kill me if I wake up with pips and have to go to work.

Country music is the best. ;)

Waiting on the last 2.
16 of 17 BCMs have hatched, and 2 of 3 lav orps have hatched. Last 2 are pipped, looks like the BCM may start zipping soon. :D

How bout you? How's your hatch going?
WP_20180317_13_38_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20180317_10_44_06_Pro.jpg

They look GREAT! Congratulations! That's a great hatch.

We had 10 out of 12 of the shipped Bielefelders hatch and I was thrilled with that, given the problems we had with the shipping - dented box, a crushed egg, 10 detached air cells w/ 4 being saddled as well. Will try to post a video at some point.

Enjoy!

They look GREAT! Congratulations! That's a great hatch.

We had 10 out of 12 of the shipped Bielefelders hatch and I was thrilled with that, given the problems we had with the shipping - dented box, a crushed egg, 10 detached air cells w/ 4 being saddled as well. Will try to post a video at some point.

Enjoy!

Wow that is great results too! Congrats!
I just set another load of shipped eggs. Royal Palm turkeys, and cream legbars. They look the absolute worst from shipping, i think the P.O. played basket ball with my box. I seriously doubt any will start to develop, but I let them sit for 48 hours, and I won't turn them for a couple days too. We'll see.

Wow that is great results too! Congrats!
I just set another load of shipped eggs. Royal Palm turkeys, and cream legbars. They look the absolute worst from shipping, i think the P.O. played basket ball with my box. I seriously doubt any will start to develop, but I let them sit for 48 hours, and I won't turn them for a couple days too. We'll see.

Wow! Would love to see those babes when they hatch. Have been thinking about cream legbars and black copper marans - maybe next year. Way too many chicks this year already! It's a sickness, you know... but I just can't help myself. Good luck with your next hatch!

IMG_8791.JPG IMG_8796.JPG IMG_8783.JPG

Back
Top Bottom