No, I do not have my coop and run set up yet. I am planning to do that in the next few weeks. I'm not to certain of their ages but my BO looks like it is at least 2 to 3 weeks old and the rest were a new shipment to the store last Tuesday so...
Uh oh! I would not delay AT ALL on getting the coop and run built.
These little girls grow FAST! I had to get mine out of the brooder by 5.5 weeks. We were all much happier when they were in their coop.

Hello everyone! My name is Tania and I live in Washington, MO. I have been wanting to raise backyard chickens for a few years now and finally decided to just do it! We got our first flock this past Saturday ( 2 RIR, 2 Ameracaunas, and 1 buff Orpington). So as of right now we have 5 babies.

I am full of questions but I am so excited to raise these girls (I hope anyways). I am mostly looking forward to the reward of having fresh eggs in return for loving and caring for these beautiful birds.

I am a licensed massage therapist and a holistic health coach. I am married to journeyman lineman and have 2 young children (5 yrs and 19 months). We live in 11.5 areas in rural Washington, MO and also have 2 heelers and 2 barn cats.

We love the outdoors, hiking, biking, UTV riding, running, camping, and boating.

I'm new to the whole chicken thing so I stumbled upon BY through a Google search to see if there would be pictures to show age progression in chicks and if I'd be able to better see if I have ended up with 5 hens or if I actually ended up with a rooster in the mix, even though they were all labeled as pullets. Thanks for having me and I look forward to this group!

That chick with the long blond feathers is just the cutest thing! Hello from KCMO!

D2EA6543-E9B6-478E-8719-C369F8E79ABB.jpeg
31D5461F-1988-4127-9302-0218D5674E9D.jpeg

Which one you think is rooster?
That looks good for now. I started 6 RIR last year in a similar container. They outgrew that in about two weeks. I built a 2 ft x 4 ft brooder pen and that lasted until I was able to finish building their coop and run. They are good little escape artists too!

Back
Top Bottom