ariella29

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 14, 2013
It's been several years since we owned chickens, and now we're back at it!! We're just putting the finishing touches on our coop and 20' run. We have 6 girls... if we're lucky. We ordered day-old pullets from Meyer Hatchery and had 100% success last time around, but we're wondering if we have some cockerels cruising around. Can you help?? The ones that are in question are Mary Kate (darker of the two Lavender Orps) and Mabel. Eek! What do you all think?

Mabel: Jubilee Orpington
Cricket: Welsummer
Mary Kate & Ashley: Lavender Orpingtons
Clementine: Buff Orpington
Larkspur: Australorp
IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_1672.JPG

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-11.jpg
    FullSizeRender-11.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 9
  • FullSizeRender-10.jpg
    FullSizeRender-10.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are so glad you joined our flock.

Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Hi and welcome. I've only ever hatched one lot of chooks. I did manage to pick out the boys, but I saw them in real life. Otherwise I've no experience at all, so am no help to you, I'm afraid. (if I was using my gut, I think the one of the right looks a "bit suss" but it don't know why I think that and I'm unfamiliar with the breed to know whether his tail is suss or just a breed thing)

Welcome to byc I think you will really like it here we are so glad to have you! I have learned more on this site that any other sites I have ever been to! Please start a conversation with me or write a message on my profile if you need any help I would be glad to help

Back
Top Bottom