Hello, Palo Alto!

We moved to Redding from Livermore four years ago. It's great that cities allow backyard chickens. Which breeds are you leaning toward? There are some nice options that give you a better guarantee of not ending up with a rooster.

We chose Welsummers for a variety of reasons. I wanted a rooster, but I didn't want a whole flock of them, and sure enough the chick with faint, broken eyeliner and a softer angular patch on his head turned out to be a boy.

Hi BYC! I found BYC from just Googling chicken facts and have been reading posts and learning a lot for a while now. I've finally joined to start asking questions as I try building my own incubator to start raising BYCs of my own. I don't currently own any chickens myself but hope to be able to grow a good sized flock once my incubator is perfected.

Besides chickens I'm into gardening, biking, hiking, and playing music. Glad to be a part of the community!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens great you joined us we also have a old folks thread your welcome to check out your name fits right in there :lau
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-old-folks-home.693812/page-7250#post-19233015

Back
Top Bottom