Hello, new egg here!!

Pics

Hello everyone, I'm new here.
In the distant past, I kept a few chickens, ducks and rabbits...well, 40 rabbits. In the recent past, I've had only one chicken at a time which was enough eggs. Yesterday I finally got the breed I wanted - 6 Buff Orpingtons (driving my dogs crazy and keeping everyone separated).
I want to do the best I can to keep these girls...well, I hope they are all girls, happy and healthy.
They will not be free-range as we have hawks and owls here. They will have a luxurious coop and a lovely tractor.
My hobbies are plant propagation, gardening, carpentry, sewing. The sewing is mostly upcycling old garments to make dog coats/sweaters, plus making blankets for the dogs at the local Humane Society.
I give plants away at our local swap, anywhere from 100 to 350 plants twice a year. Rescue and foster dogs as needed (9 dogs last year). Trying to keep my garden as organic as possible. Have 2 rabbits, Rosie and Matthew, who supply manure for the veggies and in turn, the veggies provide food for the rabbits and soon for the chickens as well. I live in Chatham County, Georgia near Savannah. (Hey, I got tired just reading all that!)
Hope to learn from everyone.

Welcome! Feel free to create a thread and ask questions about your new girls whenever you need to. We have 2 rabbits right now, 1 to show at 4H and one that we took in from someone who couldn't keep her anymore. Couldn't imagine having 40 though wow! That is also so cool that you foster dogs I have always wanted to foster dogs but my family doesn't want to. Good luck:)

Thanks! The 40 rabbits were a long time ago; we raised them for pets and/or meat (for other people to eat). Had 6 ducks just for the fun and the eggs. Right now I have only 2 rabbits (I added an image and it's somewhere on this site - still learning!). I am so excited to finally have the Buff Orpingtons. Hope my 3 dogs will appreciate and respect the girls...well, I hope at least 5 will be girls. Wouldn't mind just one rooster.

Welcome! Feel free to create a thread and ask questions about your new girls whenever you need to. We have 2 rabbits right now, 1 to show at 4H and one that we took in from someone who couldn't keep her anymore. Couldn't imagine having 40 though wow! That is also so cool that you foster dogs I have always wanted to foster dogs but my family doesn't want to. Good luck:)
The dogs just seem to find me (and my adult daughter). I only foster them when our local Animal Control cannot take them. Having a lot of rabbits is easy if you use suspended cages; very easy to clean underneath when there are no legs and no wood...but, heck, this is not the Backyard Rabbit Forum.

Back
Top Bottom