Help!!!Beloved Roosty attacked Please need all care warriors

winekntrychicks

Pooper Peeper
11 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Sebastopol, CA
Not sure from what. Could have been a raccoon or a car. It happened in the last 2 hours. He has feathers missing and a small scratch/ puncture on his leg Blood on the tip of beek. I have cleaned him as best as I can. I have examined the best I can. He is pale and in shock, feathers ruffled. He crated and covered. What else should I be doing?

Keep him in a warm comfortable place. Leave him a little fresh fruit in bite size pieces and water and keep checking on him.

Sounds like you have him in a good place, and I would give either sugar water, or water with vitamins and electrolytes. Neosporin without the pain reliever in it, for the wounds, and maybe a little hard-boiled egg, mashed up, some yogurt, whatever little healthy bits he will eat when he starts to come around and is interested. Watch for any signs of infection from open areas, or any potential wounds that the skin recovered. Good luck with your Roosty.

Quote:
Thank you. I am sick and baffled. I found just one little mark on him. My instinct told me he had internal injuries that I could do nothing about! His comb and wattles were almost white.

i am so sorry for your loss
sad.png
my parents had some loose dogs rampage through there coop and they lost 8 chickens... three survived and one of them is injured. no other chicken can replace your roosty, but you tried your best and i am sure he had a good life while he was here. keep your head up... x

It does sound like some internal bleeding. I was really hoping he would be okay. It's amazing how much you'll miss one of them when they're gone. Sorry about that...

Back
Top Bottom