Help! Chick ate thin plastic

Gabe_north23

Hatching
Mar 31, 2020
I've had poultry for almost ten years but I have a baby turkey that I'm raising and my brother had it in his room and apparently it ate a piece of thin plastic (like the kind that movie DVDs are wrapped in) the size of a penny. The turkey seems okay and is napping right now but is there anything I can do to make sure it goes out its system? The baby is less than 6 weeks and is still very small which is why I'm so worried. Any tips would be much appreciated.

"This too shall pass". Nothing you can do that I know of. Feed and water as usual. If the bird continues to behave normally, it's ok. I wouldn't let the bird be alone in the house. It will eat anything and lots of stuff is not good for it. Bad brother, bad! ;)

I've had poultry for almost ten years but I have a baby turkey that I'm raising and my brother had it in his room and apparently it ate a piece of thin plastic (like the kind that movie DVDs are wrapped in) the size of a penny. The turkey seems okay and is napping right now but is there anything I can do to make sure it goes out its system? The baby is less than 6 weeks and is still very small which is why I'm so worried. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Are you providing granite grit?

Back
Top Bottom