The farm was killing them inhumanly. I don’t want to go into details but I won’t be able to live with the guilt if we returned them to that farm. I want him to survive and plan on re-homing as soon as possible.
This appears to be a meat bird. You need to return it and spend some time learning about an animal before you decide to take it.

You are going to end up making it suffer more than it needs to.

This appears to be a meat bird. You need to return it and spend some time learning about an animal before you decide to take it.

You are going to end up making it suffer more than it needs to.
Again, I didn’t take it. My younger brother, (whos not even 12 yet) took it. I already talked to him about this but there’s nothing I can do now. He’s a child and has good intentions.

I found backyard chicken, made an account, and posted on it in an attempt to find out where to go from here. I cant return it to that farm. It’s really far from here and there’s no guarantee if that person taking it back.

Again, I didn’t take it. My younger brother, (whos not even 12 yet) took it. I already talked to him about this but there’s nothing I can do now. He’s a child and has good intentions.

I found backyard chicken, made an account, and posted on it in an attempt to find out where to go from here. I cant return it to that farm. It’s really far from here and there’s no guarantee if that person taking it back.
Get it proper food tomorrow.
Something like this:

https://shop.purinamills.com/produc...Ui9J0Wqrf5NuAS0V3qy694QWGMrdGrMwaAlLyEALw_wcB

Are there any stores that might carry chick food? Ordering online will take too long to come :/
Petco or Walmart sometimes have chicken food. Idk if they would have chick food though. Also Tractor Supply but I doubt you have that in the city. Chewy has a ton of foods but that’s online so probably wouldn’t work.

I gave him a stuffed teddy but i don’t think he likes it much 💀
is it way bigger than him?if so he is prolly scared of it. do you think you can take care of him in your apartment? i mean joey and chandler raised "duck" and "chick" in a NY apt on the show "Friends", but that was TV. this is real life. i glad you gave him a second chance. So do your best to take care of him..... please.....

Sorry, I meant that his crop was like big? like a little bulging out?

I don’t know how to re-home him. None of this was planned. My brother just didn’t want to see the chick die so he took him but we want what’s best for the chick. How do we rehome him?
You can rehome him by posting in your state thread.

From my knowledge, they dyed the tops to keep track of which chicks hatched from which batch?
Dye is toxic to chickens and you need to get that off.

Back
Top Bottom