Your chick is lonely and depressed because chickens are meant to be flock birds. Furthermore, you do no have a brooder, and the chick is very cold.

What do you mean by the chick developed a crop? All chickens are hatched with their crop, otherwise they would not be able to properly digest their food.

There will not be a difference in the chick's behavior unless you let it become a house chicken and stay with you forever, but the chick will always be lonely, depressed, and frightened, unless it is one of the few that become accustomed to the house. My suggestion is to rehome your chick to a person who has other chickens.
Sorry, I meant that his crop was like big? like a little bulging out?

I don’t know how to re-home him. None of this was planned. My brother just didn’t want to see the chick die so he took him but we want what’s best for the chick. How do we rehome him?

You can go to the New York state thread and ask if anyone is willing to pick him up. I live in the state too, specifically Long Island.
What should I say? Should I copy paste the story but instead ask if someone is willing to take him in?

Also, I don’t know it’s age. I did some research and guessed that he’s around a week old but i’m not sure about his age.
The chick grit might help its impacted crop. If you have fb you can search up chicken groups that might be local to you. Also, search up local avian rescues, post at a local pet shop, vets office, or if shelter can help find the help you need. You can also reach out to local Tractor Supply, Rural King or other farm store.

Your chick is lonely and depressed because chickens are meant to be flock birds. Furthermore, you do no have a brooder, and the chick is very cold.

What do you mean by the chick developed a crop? All chickens are hatched with their crop, otherwise they would not be able to properly digest their food.

There will not be a difference in the chick's behavior unless you let it become a house chicken and stay with you forever, but the chick will always be lonely, depressed, and frightened, unless it is one of the few that become accustomed to the house. My suggestion is to rehome your chick to a person who has other chickens.
I’m looking into rehoming, someone told me to look into another section on this website that will help me rehome him.

Buy a tote..bigger than this 1 with a lid. Cut a square on the lid(not huge but big enough some won't suffocate. and find a way to hang a light. Get the lil 1 a stuffed animal so maybe he will think he's not alone.

Attachments

• 1691458147225974529318049822129.jpg
    1691458147225974529318049822129.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 8
Return him to where you took him from.
You are going to end up killing him one way or another
The farm was killing them inhumanly. I don’t want to go into details but I won’t be able to live with the guilt if we returned them to that farm. I want him to survive and plan on re-homing as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom