HELP! DUCK INJURED!! :'(

Aug 9, 2017
One of my cayuga ducks has gone lame, she was limping slightly but she never really showed much pain. She seemed to be getting better but this morning she barely moved, instead of rushing out of the hut in the morning she sat in the back corner and slowly made her way out. She was keeping herself balanced with her wings. When out in the yard she lays down, maybe getting up to get a bite or a drink. I decided to put her in the rabbit hutch we converted for them when we got the chicks a year ago (It's roughly 5 feet long, 2 feet wide and 3 feet high, half is rabbit wire and the other half is a wooden crate). She seems to be eating, but she hisses to keep us away, which she has never done before. I have put a small amount of vitamins in her water, and we gave her a few worms for protein. Any advice would be so helpful. Do you think it could be bumblefoot? At this point I really hope so, since my mind has been going to the absolute worst things. Thank you so much!!

After
One of my cayuga ducks has gone lame, she was limping slightly but she never really showed much pain. She seemed to be getting better but this morning she barely moved, instead of rushing out of the hut in the morning she sat in the back corner and slowly made her way out. She was keeping herself balanced with her wings. When out in the yard she lays down, maybe getting up to get a bite or a drink. I decided to put her in the rabbit hutch we converted for them when we got the chicks a year ago (It's roughly 5 feet long, 2 feet wide and 3 feet high, half is rabbit wire and the other half is a wooden crate). She seems to be eating, but she hisses to keep us away, which she has never done before. I have put a small amount of vitamins in her water, and we gave her a few worms for protein. Any advice would be so helpful. Do you think it could be bumblefoot? At this point I really hope so, since my mind has been going to the absolute worst things. Thank you so much!!
After further investigation of my duck, she seems to have a pulled muscle. I inspected her foot very thoroughly for bumble foot and did not see ANY sign of it. I called my local vet (and they should be able to help, they work with large and small farm animals, I have seen chickens in the vet office along side dogs) and they said they didn't think they could help at all... Does anyone have any advice? I have only had these ducks a year and everything has been running smoothly so far, except for a blocked egg when they started laying but that was an easy fix. I appreciate any help/advice/encouragement I can get!!

Back
Top Bottom