HELP!!!! Exposed membrane and blood vessels!HATCHING CHICK WITH MISSING BOTTOM SHELL!

Pics
Hooray!!!

So happy for you and your little ducky! I'm hoping it's a girl and in a few days she will be up and running strong as ever!

She is peeping cause she is lonely I think :'(
I need to see if I can find her a friend...
But this is not the best time if year to find one.
Every time she hears me talk or even walk she wakes up peeping and wanting to be with someone :'( kinda sad. But I will do my best to make her happy

She is peeping cause she is lonely I think :'(
I need to see if I can find her a friend...
But this is not the best time if year to find one.
Every time she hears me talk or even walk she wakes up peeping and wanting to be with someone :'( kinda sad. But I will do my best to make her happy
Where are you located?
Do you have other poultry?

As aart says set something up in the coop with the rest of your flock. Section off with wire (something sturdy & no one can get through) or wire cage (wrap with smaller wire if need), use a MHP (Blooie has a thread here) in it. This way she has the company & safety, just a thought.

Or set up a brooder in your house with a radio (noise), heating pad (MHP), feather duster (Mommy).

As aart says set something up in the coop with the rest of your flock. Section off with wire (something sturdy & no one can get through) or wire cage (wrap with smaller wire if need), use a MHP (Blooie has a thread here) in it. This way she has the company & safety, just a thought.

Or set up a brooder in your house with a radio (noise), heating pad (MHP), feather duster (Mommy).
The housing part of the coup is a little too small. We have a big outside run but the coup is really just too small, and we don't have a way to get the heat lamp out there without worry of a fire.
I'll keep her inside. She has a mirror, a very soft stuffed animal, and I am starting the radio now.

Back
Top Bottom