HELP!!!! Exposed membrane and blood vessels!HATCHING CHICK WITH MISSING BOTTOM SHELL!

Pics
Try to get a chick as a friend for Miracle.
This lady gives me THIS...
I want to bleach my soul after looking at it!
This poor silky chick does not look too well
The lady said it has mites and that she just treated it for them.
It is bald
Its breast bone is sticking way out, and it is very lethargic.
It is going to be far far far away from my miracle!!
I currently have it in the garage with a light on it and a heating pad on half of its box.
I also gave the poor thing some emergency electrolytes.
No idea what to do with it!
My grandpa wants to kill it, but no way could I do that.
I want to try and save it, but...

Attachments

• IMG_20171116_185251.jpg
    IMG_20171116_185251.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20171116_185257.jpg
    IMG_20171116_185257.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20171116_194425.jpg
    IMG_20171116_194425.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 33
:th:eek:
Oh my....so glad you saved the poor chickie, it looks terrible. I think what you're doing with the electrolytes is good. I also give mine the yolk of hard boiled egg for supplements, it has all the right nutrients, so I would suggest that. Other than that, just keeping it warm and well fed is about the best you can do. Check it for mites, too, since she claims that's what it had before.

Glad Miracle is doing well, though! Did the silkie come with another friend, or did you just get the one?

:th:eek:
Oh my....so glad you saved the poor chickie, it looks terrible. I think what you're doing with the electrolytes is good. I also give mine the yolk of hard boiled egg for supplements, it has all the right nutrients, so I would suggest that. Other than that, just keeping it warm and well fed is about the best you can do. Check it for mites, too, since she claims that's what it had before.

Glad Miracle is doing well, though! Did the silkie come with another friend, or did you just get the one?
Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) The lady only gave me one. She said she had older ones, if this one didn't work. But I wanted to run!!!! She had like a hundred chickens and knowing me I would want to help them all.
On retrospect, now I have a lonely duckling and lonely chick that can't be put together for fear of the chick spreading illness to my duckling.
What have I gotten myself into this time...

Is it a silkie.looks like one but not sure. If it is a silkie, you might want to mix some vitamin e with selinium in it's water. Is it eating or drinking?. Is i
Yes I'm fairly certain it is. 5 toes, black skin, and fluffy feathers.
It is drinking fine, but it looked at the food like it was an alien from Mars. Hasn't touched it.

Back
Top Bottom