HELP FOR PRIZE ROOSTER

Did the vet actually see your rooster or just advise on the phone? It could be he tried to swallow something that got stuck. It could be a crop issue. It could be a respiratory infection. It could be a combination of any of these. Check in his beak for foriegn objects. Check his crop in the morning before he gets a chance to eat to determine if it emptied properly during the night. If not is it hard or squishy?
Did the vet reccomend the Tylan?
This is copy/pasted from google:
"Dosing orally, is normally 1/2cc for standards, 1/4cc for smaller chickens, 1/10cc for chicks. Because of the time it takes to see improvements in the chicken, you can dose orally 5-7 days, but not longer. Injecting with tylan 50 is normally 3-5 days."
I hope you can find an answer quickly.

Did the vet actually see your rooster or just advise on the phone? It could be he tried to swallow something that got stuck. It could be a crop issue. It could be a respiratory infection. It could be a combination of any of these. Check in his beak for foriegn objects. Check his crop in the morning before he gets a chance to eat to determine if it emptied properly during the night. If not is it hard or squishy?
Did the vet reccomend the Tylan?
This is copy/pasted from google:
"Dosing orally, is normally 1/2cc for standards, 1/4cc for smaller chickens, 1/10cc for chicks. Because of the time it takes to see improvements in the chicken, you can dose orally 5-7 days, but not longer. Injecting with tylan 50 is normally 3-5 days."
I hope you can find an answer quickly.
Yes a vet at the NC State Agriculture Dept watched the video. We have no Vet close. I just posted a video from today to show the difference. She suggested giving the Tylan injections and I’ve done that since Friday.

Back
Top Bottom