HELP HELP HELP

Jul 20, 2020
I just went out to check my young birds and I have a bantam wyandotte rooster with I think a broken neck! He's lying on the ground and he can't move his neck when I pick him up it just rolls around it can do a 360 degree turn I don't know what to do can I help him or should I put him out of his misery?

I just went out to check my young birds and I have a bantam wyandotte rooster with I think a broken neck! He's lying on the ground and he can't move his neck when I pick him up it just rolls around it can do a 360 degree turn I don't know what to do can I help him or should I put him out of his misery?
DO you have a vet you can call? I wouldn't want him to die....but if you can't do much, he shouldn't suffer. I really don't know what to say....I'm so sorry.
@Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock

I'm sorry to hear this! How old is this bird? Any idea what might have happened to him? Is it night time where you are? Was he in the coop, in the run, or on the roost when this happened? Can you gently put him in some kind of box with padding around him like cloth, a towel perhaps, with his neck and head supported in a natural position while we try to get you some help? Does he seem injured in any way? And can you post a picture of him? Does he seem alert or lethargic? Frightened or calm?

Sorry , typos

I'm really sorry. I....Putting him down may be the best option, I'm not sure there is much you can do. Let's see what @BigBlueHen53 has to say.
I would call for assistance from the same folks already flagged. It is 1:00 a.m. here in the US where I am, you may not get a response from @Eggcessive or @Wyorp Rock until morning. Try to keep the bird warm and still until you hear from one of them. As posted above, can you wrap the bird in a towel or similar cloth, supporting its head and neck, and keep it in a dark place for now?

Back
Top Bottom