Clucklandia

Songster
Oct 7, 2017
My Coop
My Coop
Hello! I need suggestions! My incubator is terrible! My eggs die at lockdown! WHAT INCUBATOR SHOULD I GET?? I need one soon because i'm doing a 4H project!
This is my current (broken) Incubator:
IMG_20170917_121516_438.jpg

Since eggs are getting to lockdown and not hatching sounds like a possible humidity issue. To high during incubation and chicks possibly drowning.

Edit: or possible air exchange issues

I second the notion you're incubating at far too high humidity level. If the eggs make it to internal pip then die the incubator is doing its job. Your incubating technique is more likely the culprit. Getting a new incubator won't solve the problem.

Salt test to calibrate your hygrometer. Run lower humidity during incubation (first 18-19 days). 30% RH is a good place to start. Then up humidity last few days for hatch to 70% RH.

If you are interested there are great directions for building a coolerbator on the Educational Hatching and Incubating thread in the notes on page one. Lots of opinions if you ask on that thread. BantyChooks is there a lot, and she built one when she was new to hatching.

Back
Top Bottom