Help, is my duck okay?

Euphoria_x3

Hatching
Dec 27, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a week old duckling, he is male.
The past 2 days he’s been sneezing a lot, he eats great, drinks and plays totally fine.
He’s been breathing kinda funny when he’s sleeping or when I go to pick him up he breathes heavy! I been reading around and I find very similar situations but no answer to why this is happening. Also his poop is not all water but some of it is and it has white chunks. I’ve never seen that before. His diet didn’t change nor did his environment, I clean his area everyday I change his water very regularly because it gets dirty from the food. He is normal it’s just that the sneezing the breathing and the weird poop color is all I’m concerned about. I can’t afford a vet until next week and i just need your help to get answers.

Hello everyone, I have a week old duckling, he is male.
The past 2 days he’s been sneezing a lot, he eats great, drinks and plays totally fine.
He’s been breathing kinda funny when he’s sleeping or when I go to pick him up he breathes heavy! I been reading around and I find very similar situations but no answer to why this is happening. Also his poop is not all water but some of it is and it has white chunks. I’ve never seen that before. His diet didn’t change nor did his environment, I clean his area everyday I change his water very regularly because it gets dirty from the food. He is normal it’s just that the sneezing the breathing and the weird poop color is all I’m concerned about. I can’t afford a vet until next week and i just need your help to get answers.

Welcome to BYC! Can you take a video, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo, then copy/paste the link here? Can you also post a poop picture?

HEY GUYS!! I took him to the vet, He is healthy and what was happening was normal apparently. his poo is okay he is a little overweight lol we started exercising him he is normal again! the sneezing was him clearing everything up from the food! the vet suggested I put water on top of his dry food because he will like it better and less sneezing :) it worked he is normal I was just freaking out I was terrified for him lol
He is hugeeee now big healthy boy :)

Every batch of Runner ducks that we raised sneezed as ducklings. We would keep them as warm as possible and try to keep them out of their water (their cage was ALWAYS a mess by the end of the day :rolleyes:), but they would still sneeze. The sneezing stage would always pass after a little while, and they are all grown and happy and healthy; our very first batch of ducks are going on 4 years old.
I wouldn’t stress about a sneeze here and there :) Welcome to BYC!!!

Back
Top Bottom