Help is my goat pregnant this young?

They only want to eat corn nothing else I've tried sweet feed hay grain nothing. So I only give scoop of 1 cup in morning. During the day they go outside n eat grass then I give a scoop bf they come inside. Yes they sleep inside lol their like my kids very spoiled. They won't eat hay. I've tried that. I have never seen goats so picky about what they eat

I had bought alfalfa hay from tractor supply. It was small bag if it kinda greenish color. Had some green like powder to it. But I will try the pellets again and just Little by little for start. If I see they will eat it I'll start taking corn away each day. Hope it will work. Thanks for taking the time out to answer my questions. Really appreciate it.

To start with, do not take away the corn. Just add a very few pellets to the corn at first. Then gradually and slowly increase the pellets and decrease the corn. They may not eat them at first. You just want them to get used to the pellets. If they won't touch the pellets after a few days try putting a few in their mouths and making them chew them. They will think you are trying to poison them but then they will at least know what they taste like. Keep us posted. This is not going to be an overnight process.

You can also try different types of hay or even dried leaves (research what is toxic to make sure you are giving SAFE leaves). Goats are strange creatures. Some only want nice green leafy hay and others want brown, dried horrible looking stuff. We even had goats at the hospital that would only eat dried leaves and straw. Sounds like you are trying to switch them off the corn which is good. Castrated male goats should really be on a diet consisting mostly of hay due to the risk of urinary blockage. If you can eventually switch them over to hay pellets or even hay, that would be best but it may be a very slow process. They are a bit like cats in that respect!

Ok so need some more info on my bonnie. Yesterday she started walking weird. She has a discharge that started about two weeks ago. Now she refuses to be touched by any one will head but us. I'm still not even sure about her being pregnant.

Attachments

• 20170805_193401.jpg
    20170805_193401.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 9
Ok so need some more info on my bonnie. Yesterday she started walking weird. She has a discharge that started about two weeks ago. Now she refuses to be touched by any one will head but us. I'm still not even sure about her being pregnant.
What sort of discharge (color, odor, texture)?

Now as I said before when I realized her change in shape and size if she is pregnant Augustugust should be her kidding time so does she look it and if so are we close to kidding time and what do I need to do from here. Yesterday she refuses to let me go in her pin and touch her in any way. She is walking weird as you can see in one picture. She keeps bending her back downward and keeping her front body close to the ground

What sort of discharge (color, odor, texture)?
At first we got back from vacation it was brownish then clear the couple drops of red. Now is just a tan to brownish. Two weeks ago when I noticed I was told the mucus plug. She eating great n drinking nothing more change except her attitude. Bonnie and Clyde are normally sweet. Now she won't let me go around her. I feel horrible BC she won't let me check her out

Back
Top Bottom