Help-Just rescued female mallard duck on road

You made the right call bringing her to wildlife rehab! I'm a rehabber myself and we are very dedicated to getting these animals back to health and releasing them when they're ready to go. She'll have the best possible chance with the rehabbers! Good job rescuing her.
big_smile.png

Thanks everyone!
smile.png
I think it is godd for my children to experience. I knew that either way it turned out they would learn something from it. But now I would love to add a couple of ducks to my flock
tongue.png
. I have 2 small streams near my house but not large body of water. Oh well.

Just wanted to add and update. This is the e-mail I received today regarding the duck:

The Mallard is doing well- she has recovered from the head trauma and is eating on her own now. She is still very thin, and we had to tube feed her for many days before she began eating well on her own and gaining weight. We are optimistic that she will make a full recovery and be able to be released back into the wild. We have a note on her chart that states you would like to release her, so we will certainly contact you if and when she is ready. Please feel free to check back in on her in the interim, though.

big_smile.png

One final update to this thread. My boys and I will be picking up the duck from the facility this afternoon to release her back into the wild. She has gained enough weight and her feathers have grown in enough for her to fly well enough for release. I am so excited to be able to do this with my kids.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom