what your using as a guide line for making your own feed but being as they are so young yet if me I'd stick to ready made formulated feed other than the niacin issue in chicken feed[starter] it really is the best to help give them

I've been searching around for places that supply Chick feed/ duck feed and cosidering where I live which is a rural area its hard to find anywhere to supply it. I've also heard mixed reviews on purinas All Flock feed

I don't what your using as a guide line for making your own feed but being as they are so young yet if me I'd stick to ready made formulated feed other than the niacin issue in chicken feed[starter] it really is the best to help give them the best start. Purina Makes an all flock feed called Purina flock Raiser you can get in crumble and is an excellent feed for all stages of life still if in a brooder situation they will need some extra niacin.
I would really like to know what i can do for the one that has issues with his leg already? Should I brace it to retrain it to go straight? This is my first time raising and I have a bunch of questions

I would really like to know what i can do for the one that has issues with his leg already? Should I brace it to retrain it to go straight? This is my first time raising and I have a bunch of questions
If it's a niacin def it should heal on it's own once he is getting the right amount daily. I am not sure how'd you could go about bracing. But you might google and see what you come up with. Are you putting vitamins in their water or feed besides the niacin? When making your own feed that is an important part of the mix. Ask away on the questions and we'll try and help but one thing we aren't is vets. We can share what we know from our experiences and what has worked for us and others.

Keep you lil one from being over active right now rest is good and important when we hurt ourselves. Or if a def it is still a good idea to give him rest and warm water therapy I can't say enough about how that can help to build leg muscles up and help the duckling relax and give his leg a chance to heal. Have you tried the warm water therapy yet?

If it's a niacin def it should heal on it's own once he is getting the right amount daily. I am not sure how'd you could go about bracing. But you might google and see what you come up with. Are you putting vitamins in their water or feed besides the niacin? When making your own feed that is an important part of the mix. Ask away on the questions and we'll try and help but one thing we aren't is vets. We can share what we know from our experiences and what has worked for us and others.

Keep you lil one from being over active right now rest is good and important when we hurt ourselves. Or if a def it is still a good idea to give him rest and warm water therapy I can't say enough about how that can help to build leg muscles up and help the duckling relax and give his leg a chance to heal. Have you tried the warm water therapy yet?
Yes we have done warm water therapy a few times now and he seems to really like it. We haven't put any other vitamins in the food. What do you suggest? We put niacin in the water but that's it. Our feed is comprised of pearl oats, peanuts, chickpeas, lentils, peas, sunflower seeds, and we add extra protein into it along with broccoli. I'm hoping that my husband can pick up the all flock feed from the states on his trip back. He recently spit up do you know why he did that?

Are you grinding his feed that your making? also since you not feeding starter they need grit or they can't grind up what your feeding. Chick grit is best when very young. I usually just put a small bowl out close to their feed since they can eat too much if it gets added into their feed.

Maybe he spit up because he ate too much at once or was it when you picked him up the pressure to the lil crop area can cause it too.

If you can find Poultry vitamins that would be a good one. Poultry Nutri drench is one I like to use to give them a good start.

My year old Runners are little piggies.

Back
Top Bottom