Help me identify this plant - pumpkin? watermelon? gourd? squash?

What is it?

• pumpkin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • watermelon

• squash

• gourd

• something else

• Total voters
Quote:
No on those, wrong shape.

I'm guessing you do it like I do, take the guts and some rinds with flesh still on, and drop them off as snacks. as the hens sctrach, run about, and act like chickens they'll move seeds about.

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree - the plant leaves look like melon, but the fruit looks pumpkinish. Could be a cross pollinated fruit - that has happened to me many times. Sometimes its good and sometimes so-so
smile.png

It looks like a pumpkin.

Cross pollinating - say you have a pumpkin plant and a zucchini plant next to each other. The bees (or the wind) spread the pollen from one plant to the other. You could end up with hybrid pumpkin/zucchini fruit. Kinda like a pluot is a hybrid plum/apricot.

Quote:
sickbyc.gif

sickbyc.gif

sickbyc.gif

If I'd thought it was one of THOSE, I'd have gone ahead & had DH spread the manure. ACK!

Quote:
sickbyc.gif

sickbyc.gif

sickbyc.gif

If I'd thought it was one of THOSE, I'd have gone ahead & had DH spread the manure. ACK!

The chickens like them, take one, split it in half and let them have at it.

Quote:
um....no. IF it was a matter of world peace or something, I might be able to choke it down!
gig.gif

Sadinna's got a good point, and if it's something weird...the chooks will love them, I'm sure!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
um....no. IF it was a matter of world peace or something, I might be able to choke it down!
gig.gif

Sadinna's got a good point, and if it's something weird...the chooks will love them, I'm sure!
thumbsup.gif

I've always figured if the world could live on zucchini, no one would starve with the way it grows.

The chickens do love anything that grows on a vine!

Be sure to let us know what it turns out to be.

Back
Top Bottom