HELP!!!!! Mean Rooster

If a rooster attacked me like that I don't think I would be wondering how best to kill him, just how fast, no one can say which was is better, just get it done. He's lived a better and more humane life than anything you would buy in the store or KFC, no one asked how those birds died, just whether they come extra crispy or not. It a part of chicken keeping we all must face.

I dont get how people roos are that aggressive. But I use a cone. Chopping the head off seems to create a blood clot which makes them more stiffer then the cone. Ive heard a method where you take a knife and push it through the top of the mouth so it hits the brain...ive never tried it though.

I have 2 roosters and the other guy is the best chicken. He struts around when you tell him how handsome he is. This Roo came from someone. I had originally taken him as a favor for a friend. Next option is dropping it off at her door.

I'm thinking about culling my rooster which is a buff Orpington. He attacks me sometimes when I'm outside in the yard even if I'm giving them food. Also I had a hen get hurt by my dog yesterday but she is fine now just a little shaken up. So when I go to put her back in the coop he jumps down a rapes her. She would run and he would just chase here into a corner he did this over and over I tried to smack him off of her but I couldn't reach them. He's not a very good rooster and I don't want him around. He is way to harsh on the girls.

He hasn't drawn blood from me yet but his spurs are just now 1/4 of an inch long. He's a year old.

Good roosters don't attack their keepers or their hens, they are suppose to take care of them and look out for them, not just take advantage of them.

p
Good roosters don't attack their keepers or their hens, they are suppose to take care of them and look out for them, not just take advantage of them.
when I put her in the coop it was dark and they couldn't really see all he could see was my legs. So do u think that he bred her thinking that another rooster had already done so.

p
when I put her in the coop it was dark and they couldn't really see all he could see was my legs. So do u think that he bred her thinking that another rooster had already done so.
He sounds like a jerk to his hens and to you. Neither is an asset to your flock. Time for him to get the boot.

Back
Top Bottom