Help! My quails are attacking each other!

I'm unclear what you mean by 'survive'. Since it's her first egg, there's only a very itty bitty, teeny tiny, minuscule chance of her eggs being fertile for the first week or two. With those odds, it's pretty safe to say that it's unlikely that there is life in the egg to 'survive'. You can bet it'll taste fine though. I collect my eggs before they go to sleep for the night, because they really seem to care less if they run on them, jump on them, play football with them, and subsequently crack them. I raise quail for eggs and meat. I only save eggs for 7 days immediately prior to incubating as their viability is greater. I have SO many eggs that I hard boil them, pickle them, feed them to my chickens, feed them to my dogs, gift them to my neighbors, and still have plenty of eggs. With only one hen, I don't suspect you'll have that problem, but if you get more hens you might :p

Ohhhh! I’m sorry I was also confused! Okay I get it now. Do they lay eggs for two weeks or just till they feel like stopping? I’ve also only had one egg there haven’t been anymore since yesterday is that bad?

Healthy Japanese coturnix quail hens will lay an egg a day, more or less, for a couple years after they start laying eggs, and will slow down production of eggs after that. It takes their reproductive system a bit of time when they first start laying though to get on schedule and work out all the kinks. I'm guessing that this is the first time that you have raised quail, chickens, or any birds that lay eggs, so I'm linking "Getting Started in Raising And Keeping Quail" to help you along. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/getting-started-in-raising-and-keeping-quail.67344/

The egg will not grow into a baby chick unless the hen sits on it, or you incubate it. The hen will not sit on it unless she goes broody.
A fertilized egg is only a few cells different from an unfertilized one when freshly laid. It takes a few days to do anything. If she's not broody and you don't want to incubate, take it out and eat it. If you leave it in, it'll rot and eventually burst, or dry up and sit there waiting to get moldy.

So I’m kind of worried. None of my quails have laid anymore eggs. The last time they laid was two days ago. I’m just nervous for there health do you guys think they are alright?

I already asked this but can someone please clarify me on how many times a year a quail lays eggs? Like if they are laying now in September will they lay next year in like February or June? Or is it like every month? Every two months?

Back
Top Bottom