1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP PLEASE,I GOT A BABY CHICK W/NECK TURNED SIDE WAYS,WHAT DO I DO??????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BackSwampGirl, Apr 22, 2012.

1. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] I have a baby chick that its neck is one sided .When it trys to stand it goes round and round.So it hears my voice.Is there something I can get for this.And what is wrong with it??????

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Your new baby has wry neck. She needs vitamins in her water and you may need to dropper feed her the vitamin water if she can't drink it.

3. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    Hey what kind of Vitamins do I ask for at the feed mill,and thanks so much.I am really having a time.Also got 2 silkie chicks w/turned in toes.And all come from same batch. Sandra

4. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

You can get some Poly-Vi-sol without iron at CVS or RiteAid. They are infant vitamin drops and I think around $6. I use a dropper full in the water. I only fill the water jar about 20% full of water so its not wasted. It's okay to give this to all the chicks. You can also give the one chick a drop of the vitamins in its beak.

5. 5Leepy!

5Leepy! Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Austin, TX
    also, search for wry neck in this forum. You'll find in some other posts a link to a pretty informative video and a recipe for the vitamins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by