Yeah, the dragging is highly concerning. You're doing good with the surface of the infection, but it's really time to see a vet if you can.

Try this—hold her and gently pull on both her feet, one at a time. Does she try to push/pulls them away, or are they limp?
Yeah, I know, I just haven't had the chance to take her yet.

She pulls away but sometimes she doesn't move her left leg, just keeps it rigid.

She only drags herself in the cage thoguhtl because the floor is slippery even with the bedding.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, I just haven't had the chance to take her yet.

She pulls away but sometimes she doesn't move her left leg, just keeps it rigid.

She only drags herself in the cage thoguhtl because the floor is slippery even with the bedding.
And the wound is on the left side of her body, yes? Seems like it's probably related.

:fl Hope the vet can do something, either for pain or to help her heal. You're doing what you can for now, which is good to see. Poor little thing.

Sometimes I think it'd be easier if other animals could tell us what they need, then I remember that even humans struggle with that part. Best of luck to you and your hen.

She is eating non stop and drinking non stop when food or water is in front of her and now she can't even lay down. She's also fluffed up and when I pick her up she's very skinny, but I'm not sure if more than usual and she trembles and jerk her left leg back. I'm planning on taking her to the vet tomorrow but I'm not sure of the severity of her situation currently.

She is eating non stop and drinking non stop when food or water is in front of her and now she can't even lay down. She's also fluffed up and when I pick her up she's very skinny, but I'm not sure if more than usual and she trembles and jerk her left leg back. I'm planning on taking her to the vet tomorrow but I'm not sure of the severity of her situation currently.

Fluffed and skinny is not good. Hate to say it, but do be prepared to lose her. :( Still hoping for you both, tho.

Thanks..

Edit: BUT, she's nowhere NEAR as bad as my quail Autumnbelle was last year qhen she died. And she looks mainly super bad outside the cage because the surfaces are all hard. But it the cage, with the soft bedding, she lays down, and she is ontl fluffy sometimes, mainly when she fluffs herself out or when she gets defensive. She is still trying to eat and drink, and she stands up as best she can in the cage to look around or something or stretch her wings. And acts more normal than outside. Plus she's usually very skinny, sometimes jt worries me but she's always healthy (usually).

This was mainly for me to feel better heh.

Last edited:
Warning: I'm just gonna explode now, ok?

THANK YOU GOD, JESUS, EVERONE WHO TRIED TO HELP ME, MY MOM FOR QUITTING HER DEATH TALK AND TALKING ABOUT KILLING HER, MY FRIENDS FOR BEING SUPPORTIVE, AND THE WORLD AND NATURE AND WHATEVER FORCES THAT DIDN'T LET HER DIE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AHHH!!! *sighs I relief*

Edit: YEY! I just dropped her off at the vets Office but because of corona vírus I can't come in. But he's a good vet so I'm not worrying. We'll pick her up in an hour or so.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom