HELP!!!!!!!!! Quail was acting funny (neurotic), hours later she had both eyes shut tight, huddled..

Crazy_Quail_Lady

In the Brooder
May 19, 2017
Ontario, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Sorry if this looks odd, I'm new here (signed up 10 mins ago) and this is my first post...
Raising quail in my LR for the past year and yesterday one hen was acting funny (neurotic), hours later she had both eyes shut tight, huddled in the corner.. I've separated her and another that had popcorned herself till she damaged her beak and ended up with a bloody nose (the day before)..
First quail has one eye shut, but has opened it briefly here and there, second one however, both eyes sealed shut.
I took her to the sink last night and put warm wet papertowel compress on eyes (also there was slight blood on her beak).. what's happening?!
Other 2 hens and rooster are fine?!
I'm worried she's not eating or drinking because she can't see? Or is she sick? I've searched Google and Google doesn't know! HELP!

I agree the folks on the quail thread are the ones to handle this one. I do wonder if the two were fighting each other and this is the result.

The two that are "hurt" (one actually had bloody nose from "popcorning" herself against the cage, and the other just eyes closed and behaving differently - friendlier than normal) are in a separate cage together and they have been acting fine together, but not normal, if that makes sense.
Anyways I've posted in the quail forum now so hopefully someone can help. I know quail are quite different than chickens, so it's hard to find things online because most people have chickens, and quail are less common.
Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom