Sick Chicken

Chicken-nugget1

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2022
Anyone help!

Last week I thought one of my chickens was acting strange and today she was hiding in the corner away from other chickens. I picked her up and took her to another location away from the other chickens. She's very bony won't eat or drink and can't walk. Her comb looks terrible. Dry, shriveled and darker color. I've read giving a boiled egg might help. I dabbed some water on her beak and she seemed ok with that but still won't eat or drink.

Anyone help!

Last week I thought one of my chickens was acting strange and today she was hiding in the corner away from other chickens. I picked her up and took her to another location away from the other chickens. She's very bony won't eat or drink and can't walk. Her comb looks terrible. Dry, shriveled and darker color. I've read giving a boiled egg might help. I dabbed some water on her beak and she seemed ok with that but still won't eat or drink.
How does her crop feel? Empty? Or full?

How does her crop feel? Empty? Or full?
If I'm feeling the right area it feels hard and boney. I felt her breast bone then up towards under her chin and it feels boney and odd maybe that's not her crop. I can say on her right side between her breast bone and that boney spot under her chin I don't feel anything. I'll go feel one of my healthy birds and compare.

If I'm feeling the right area it feels hard and boney. I felt her breast bone then up towards under her chin and it feels boney and odd maybe that's not her crop. I can say on her right side between her breast bone and that boney spot under her chin I don't feel anything. I'll go feel one of my healthy birds and compare.
I was wondering if it was sour crop or maybe a crop impaction. The crop is located on the right side. But if you aren't really feeling the crop then that's prob not the issue. If it were the crop would be bigger. Sour crop is usually big like a water balloon

Anyone help!

Also, how does her poop look?

Attachments

• 20221003_122830.jpg
    20221003_122830.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom