Help!! Sick chicken!!

Silkie2299781

Songster
Feb 21, 2023
Ugh. My oldest chicken/last original chicken is almost like gurgling + very lethargic. She is not doing well, but she seems more alert. She is inside now, and I gave her some applesauce.
Any help appreciated!

TIA!

Is that the only symptom? Has she seemed sick for a while? Is there any discharge from the mouth or nose? A video would go a long way here.

She gurgles when she breathes out, and squeaks when she breathes in. 1 nostril is a little clogged up. She is standing up. I am on my computer and can't get a video right now.

Can you look up a video of "a chicken with stridor" and see if the video matches her symptoms? Stridor is when something gets stuck in their trachea and causes a lot of noise. It resolves itself. That wouldn't explain the lethargy, though.

How long has this been going on?

Here is a video:

I now have 6 sick chickens, 4 of them have 1 eye sealed shut and swollen, and the other 2 are lethargic. (One is this one, the other one can't seem to pick his head up). I believe this is from some hens I bought 2 weeks ago. (I have 3 of the sick ones inside 🙃)

Any help on the other 5 is greatly appreciated. (p.s The hens we bought have no symptoms)

Her noise has gotten much more quiet, you have to turn your volume up.

I looked up some of the symptoms, could it be coryza? if so, what is the treatment?

Back
Top Bottom