HELP! Theres something wrong with Smudge!

Thank you, that video hadn't been posted, but I did watch it earlier. It was very informative and helpful. Thank you for posting it. :)
Oh and I almost forgot! If you are going to be doing it home, do it with someone else. I highly recommend it. My brother helped me and was able to get pictures of the main organs and body parts. Including the crop, trachea (un-cut and cut), liver, reproductive system, etc.

Oh goodness. I’m so sorry. I was just checking into this thread to see how she was doing. I’m sorry for your loss. Please keep us posted on your necropsy.
I will. I bet I'll have a live thread setup by 4ish. Waiting until I have some helping hands with experience in butchering. Thank you for your sympathy. I rally appreciate all the help everyone has given me. 😌

Oh and I almost forgot! If you are going to be doing it home, do it with someone else. I highly recommend it. My brother helped me and was able to get pictures of the main organs and body parts. Including the crop, trachea (un-cut and cut), liver, reproductive system, etc.
Thank you! Waiting until my brother and/or my dad get some from work. They both have experience with hunting/butchering, so will be helpful in the cutting process. I don't want to accidentally cut to deep.

Interesting. How do they get a vitamin A deficiency? I've been feeding Kalmbach 18% chick starter, plantain on switching to layer when they start laying. I'll link the feed. Would a vitamin deficiency be able to be diagnosed in an at home necropsy? I think I would rather go that route.
Her feather quality wasn't prefect, but it also the time of year were everyone is molting, so I was blaming it on that. She didn't have the eye goop symptom, no pale comb or wattles, and didn't have nasal or ocular discharge until about an hour before death.
A link to the feed will help. A bird may show some, but not all the symptoms.

A state necropsy should tell you if your bird suffered from a Deficiency, or possible disease.

A link to the feed will help. A bird may show some, but not all the symptoms.

A state necropsy should tell you if your bird suffered from a Deficiency, or possible disease.
Heres a link to the feed- https://www.kalmbachfeeds.com/product/18-start-right-chick-feed-non-gmo/
In the necropsy video I watched, looking at the trachea I believe would show signs of a vitamin deficiency. I'll definitely post pics of that for you to help me diagnose. I'll post a link to my necropsy thread here once I get things setup.

Back
Top Bottom