help to cure my roaster wound

rdrdr

In the Brooder
Nov 26, 2016
sir,
a wound in the chicken leg had swelled in the past few moths now i am treating it with hydrogen peroxide and antiseptic cream but its not working.so please anyone give me a cure to my roaster injury .

so please give me a way to reduce the swelling and cure my bird........

It doesn't appear to be infected. How did the wound happen ? I can't tell much from the picture. Swelling or scar tissue ? There is a save called Magna paste that might help with the wound .Apply it and wrap it with a gales bandage and Vet wrap . change the dressing every three days .Another approach would be to rub it with meat tenderizer . I don't know for sure that either will help . Magna Paste is a very good wound dressing for wounds that are older and infected . Meat tenderizer will help lessen scar tissue in a wound that is fresh but dose nothing for old scars . Antibiotics might be a good thing to do also. Good luck I hope it gets better for you .

How old is he?
What caused the wound?
Is that a discharge from the wound-any odors coming from the wound?
Can you house him without the tether for a while - this may help in the healing process.

It looks like he may have Scaly Leg Mites in addition to the wound, so you may want to treat for those as well.

You can soak both legs in a warm epsom salts bath. Gently clean the scales of both legs and feet with a soft brush. Dry the legs/feet. Apply some vaseline, coconut oil or A+D ointment to the scales to help smother the mites. Apply the oils every day for at least a week, then every other day for another week. Follow up treatment may be needed, so just repeat the steps.

For the wound, gently clean it. Stop using the Peroxide. You can use warm soapy water, Saline, Chlorhexidine (Novalsan) or Betadine to clean/flush the wound - you may need to gently scrub the wound to debride it. Apply Vetericyn or triple antibiotic ointment.

Keep us posted on his progress.

sir,the wound is caused during a fight.thanks for your support i hope it will work....

sir,he is 5 year old.there is no odour from the wound sir.thanks you for your assistance.i will go for antibiotic cream after it cured then i will go for magna paste.....

Based on how the bird is standing in photographs his joint appears sound. Does he limp or have trouble crouching down in the roost? It no actual joint issues, then clean site with warm soapy water followed by application of Blu Kote liberally all around joint. Be prepared to repeat treatment. I would also remove loose scales. You may have breed effects complicating things. Some of the Oriental Game type breeds with the very heavy bone structure seem prone to joint and skin issues.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom