HELP! WHAT JUST HAPPEND!?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by wildflower2005, Jul 17, 2019.

1. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Loves Hatching

May 28, 2015
    South LA
    Xs2! My war with the gnats lasted months

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
  2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Free Ranging

So sorry for your heart ache. :hugs

Sounds like it's been a very traumatic experience.:(

I know that poster came off as hurtful event though it was an attempt to connect... because it's ALMOST always our favorite bird that things happen to first. :oops: :he

Please, if you are able... share a pic of her during a happy time to honor her memory?? :fl

3. mixedUPturk

May 28, 2015
    South LA
    Great idea! :highfive:

4. MROO

MROO Free Ranging

Oh. Good. Heavens! I am SO SOORY. Silkies are so sensitive to the heat - and the gnats are just AWFUL this year ... everywhere! I almost lost a young Nankin cockerel last weak to heat stroke. Luckily, we got to him in time and ran him under cool water. He liked it so much that when I took him out, he hopped right back into the sink to stand a bit longer! Another BYC friend suggested keeping a bucket of water nearby, just in case we have to dunk someone quickly. There is now a water bucket inside each door of my home - if I leave them outside, they heat up like bathwater!
    PLEASE don't let this be the end of your chicken-keeping! Your "fuzzy friend" taught you - and a lot of others, here, a very valuable lesson. Learn and move on ... they're SO worth it! :hugs:hugs:hugs

5. 20190629_113353.jpg
    The one peeking behind her is Ruby.....she was one of the ones who died by the machine......

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
  6. mixedUPturk

May 28, 2015
    South LA
    Shes gorgeous!! My oh my pretty girl!

7. I will probably get more when my family moves but I just can't handle them anymore.........and what if another one dies despite my efforts!?...........it's too many deaths in a row for me to handle...........besides............my mom already found someone who is most likely taking them.............................

8. Fur-N-Fowl

Fur-N-Fowl Songster

May 25, 2019
    UK
    So sorry for your loss :hugs

9. Thank you.........:(:)

10. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Partially Enlightened

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Taking who/what?

You have more chickens left?

Maybe I'm understanding wrong...I thought this was your last one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: