HELP! WHAT JUST HAPPEND!?

*Groans* guys I don't know what to do!!! I have just learned that the plp four of my chickens would be going to have a dog that does not like chickens! Yes, they have a whole separate pen but what if the chickens escape!? There are also feral cats and they are surround by woods (so wild animals!) I don't know who to send! I was going to be sending my favorites because I thought they would be perfectly safe but now I'm not so sure! I'm weighing out where they'd be safer here or there gnats/harvesting machine(only if they somehow escape) vs. dogs(if they escape)/wild animals(breaking and entering)/feral cats(breaking and entering) . I WISH I HAD NEVER GOTTEN INTO THIS MESS!!!!!!! At least this will teach me not to make hasty decisions.........I could keep my favorites (3) and buy a pullet for a fourth (we guaranteed them four) but would keeping three be okay? I've heard and read there has to be an even number of chickens so everyone has a friend . Though they DO split off into two groups Shadow,Princess Speckles,Muffin then Goldielocks,Butterscotch,Lady . WHAT DO I DO!?!?
@Texas Kiki
@EggSighted4Life
@trumpeting_angel
@MROO

If this is considered a minor problem then I'm sorry for bothering you.....
I know it's awkward to rescind on a "guarantee" but at the end of the day they are your babies. You don't owe these people anything. Keep your chickens. They can get their own if they want them so bad.

If this is considered a minor problem then I'm sorry for bothering you.....
If it's stressing you out, it's not a minor problem. Besides, this is exactly what friends are for ... especially Chicken Friends!
First, don't worry about even/odd numbers. The only real issue is that there not be just one. Second, most people understand about stress-induced decisions. We've all been there at some point in our lives! Maybe it's time to simply explain that you were very upset when you made the original decision, but now that the emotions of the day have subsided, you've decided to keep your hens, after all. Apologize nicely, bake them some cookies, and take them some eggs, instead. Then ... escape proof your coop and run like crazy! If you post some pictures of your set-up, I'm sure that the many creative heads here on BYC can come up with some good, inexpensive, DIY fixes for you. And don't be shy about what things look like ... we've all been there, too!
:hugs

If it's stressing you out, it's not a minor problem. Besides, this is exactly what friends are for ... especially Chicken Friends!
First, don't worry about even/odd numbers. The only real issue is that there not be just one. Second, most people understand about stress-induced decisions. We've all been there at some point in our lives! Maybe it's time to simply explain that you were very upset when you made the original decision, but now that the emotions of the day have subsided, you've decided to keep your hens, after all. Apologize nicely, bake them some cookies, and take them some eggs, instead. Then ... escape proof your coop and run like crazy! If you post some pictures of your set-up, I'm sure that the many creative heads here on BYC can come up with some good, inexpensive, DIY fixes for you. And don't be shy about what things look like ... we've all been there, too!
:goodpost:

I know it's awkward to rescind on a "guarantee" but at the end of the day they are your babies. You don't owe these people anything. Keep your chickens. They can get their own if they want them so bad.

I wish.......but my dad said I can't go back on my word! Even if it WAS in a freak out........ :hit(he's not exactly an animal person:idunno) . My only other option is to buy the family four pullets! Do you guys know how much that would averagely cost? and thank you guys for being so patient with me and all my problems!!! :hugs:hugs:hugs

I wish.......but my dad said I can't go back on my word! Even if it WAS in a freak out........ :hit(he's not exactly an animal person:idunno) . My only other option is to buy the family four pullets! Do you guys know how much that would averagely cost? and thank you guys for being so patient with me and all my problems!!! :hugs:hugs:hugs
You could tell them how you are feeling now that you have thought about it some more. And then offer to buy them the pullets. Most people would understand and then follow what they say. Someone will let you have 4 pullets at a very reasonable price if you ask around your area.

Can you talk directly to the family? They may be more understanding and help with your Dad. :fl:fl:fl

Back
Top Bottom