A VERY HEARTFELT THANKS, to all of you special and caring members who helped guide me through this unusual case. I wouldn't have made it this far without the wealth of information and valuable assistance found in the Backyard community!!! :love
I’m sorry he didn’t make it
You did everything you could
It definitely was an case I had never come across so all help we could give was guesses
This will be a good thread for others that come across the same issue one day
Beautiful ducklings :)
I have 10 on day 23-24 with 4 shadowing pushing into air cell and air cells dropped. I’m excited we are getting close

My friend hatches a lot of goose eggs
She incubates the first laid eggs of the season and so far she is having success
She has 5 maybe 6 different breeds that could be different from yours
Her birds are also a bit older I believe
Maybe that shell was to think an unable to loose moisture
Still just a guessing game but you have a good point that if the egg isn’t loosing weight like it should maybe stopping incubation would be the best

I’m sorry he didn’t make it
You did everything you could
It definitely was an case I had never come across so all help we could give was guesses
This will be a good thread for others that come across the same issue one day
Beautiful ducklings :)
I have 10 on day 23-24 with 4 shadowing pushing into air cell and air cells dropped. I’m excited we are getting close

My friend hatches a lot of goose eggs
She incubates the first laid eggs of the season and so far she is having success
She has 5 maybe 6 different breeds that could be different from yours
Her birds are also a bit older I believe
Maybe that shell was to think an unable to loose moisture
Still just a guessing game but you have a good point that if the egg isn’t loosing weight like it should maybe stopping incubation would be the best
I agree with you completely! I had wanted to sell hatching eggs, but my husband said, "No" because he would feel bad if someone bought them and they didn't hatch. I said that it is the chance you take with shipped eggs, but he refuses. I think he's right...this once.

This problem egg came from one of my Saddleback Sebastopols. I have 3 of them (all two years old). Plus, 3 Metzer female Sebastopols (that are almost a year old). A very fluffy big buff male Sebastopol and a lavender male Sebastopol who both are almost two years old and a couple others.

I don't expect much from the young Metzer gals, hoping for a couple bonus babies though. And, I'm now going to hold off on incubating any from the oldest geese for at least two months because of the problems with this egg. So, even though it won't probably be very fruitful, I'm just going to put the Metzer eggs in the incubator. Their shells are thinner and have no problem losing weight (even though they quit or are yolkers).

*** I wish you a happy and easy duckling hatch day this week!!! What breed are yours? ***:wee
Mine were an experiment: Blue runner female with a Faun and White runner male. The colors just amaze me because they were eggs from consecutive days of my one blue gal ( 7 were. Plus one pure faun and white egg, just for fun).****

I agree with you completely! I had wanted to sell hatching eggs, but my husband said, "No" because he would feel bad if someone bought them and they didn't hatch. I said that it is the chance you take with shipped eggs, but he refuses. I think he's right...this once.

This problem egg came from one of my Saddleback Sebastopols. I have 3 of them (all two years old). Plus, 3 Metzer female Sebastopols (that are almost a year old). A very fluffy big buff male Sebastopol and a lavender male Sebastopol who both are almost two years old and a couple others.

I don't expect much from the young Metzer gals, hoping for a couple bonus babies though. And, I'm now going to hold off on incubating any from the oldest geese for at least two months because of the problems with this egg. So, even though it won't probably be very fruitful, I'm just going to put the Metzer eggs in the incubator. Their shells are thinner and have no problem losing weight (even though they quit or are yolkers).

*** I wish you a happy and easy duckling hatch day this week!!! What breed are yours? ***:wee
Mine were an experiment: Blue runner female with a Faun and White runner male. The colors just amaze me because they were eggs from consecutive days of my one blue gal ( 7 were. Plus one pure faun and white egg, just for fun).****
I have a big mix of ducks
Girls are
Pekin
Pekin x khaki
Silver Swedish
Buff Swedish
Blue/ silver Swedish
Then mom did mate her son so I got a pure white and a black/ brown patterns that she also has green tinge in her head
Her flight feathers have metallic purple and her other feathers have flecks of green when the sun hits her
My boys are
Blue Swedish
Blue / silver Swedish
Khaki
Khaki x pekin
I have no idea who the moms are to the eggs I put in

Back
Top Bottom