Help! Wild duck with a broken foot!

tempaccount1324

Hatching
Mar 28, 2018
Hi all! I just made this account temporarily to try and find some ideas / help with a wild duck that (we think?) had been partly run over. The male duck who is in question seems fine, other than his foot. He eats, flies and hops on one foot due to his other foot being broken. We can’t take him to a vet because it’s egg laying season, and he is already mated to a female duck that has already layed eggs, so if we took the male duck the female would starve to death guarding the eggs instead of taking turns like they usually do. Any suggestions on what we should do? They are very friendly; my mom has been feeding them for many years.

What breed of ducks? Would/could you bring them in or put in a keep or coop so you can help doctor his leg.
I have no idea what kind, but here’s a picture of a video I took of the male and female a while ago, it’s the one with the blue green head! And I’m not quite sure, we were going to try and maybe call someone down there to see if they can help him down there instead of taking him away from the area

Attachments

• B1F154D2-F407-48E8-82EE-00B059C620D7.png
    B1F154D2-F407-48E8-82EE-00B059C620D7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
I have no idea what kind, but here’s a picture of a video I took of the male and female a while ago, it’s the one with the blue green head! And I’m not quite sure, we were going to try and maybe call someone down there to see if they can help him down there instead of taking him away from the area
Those are mallards. I wish you luck and hope they survive and do great!!!

Back
Top Bottom