help with still air lil gaint 40 watt incubator (I'm New)

tennessee_chicken_lover

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 26, 2007
East Tennesse
I'm New So What should The Temp. Be set to i had it pluged up all night and the temp it at 88 degrees right now i have about 40 eggs setting at room temp also. When should i put the eggs in. Thanks

Get the temp to 101 and humidity around 50 percent relative. Do not set the eggs until it has been steady at this temp for 24 hours. You will notice once you set the eggs, the temp will drop...leave it for another 24 hours to come back to temp. Then make very small adjustments only when you are there to monitor it. These are known to go haywire with big temp fluctuations. With very small adjustments and close monitoring until you get it settled, you'll be fine. Good luck with your hatch.

Jody

the instrustions for my little giant incubator stated to have the temp at 99.5. There should be a term. with the incubator, the 99.5 is written biggest. Also you should have the instructions too. I will reread the instructions to make sure about the temp. I know there has been alot of different temps told. I will recheck.

I have a styrofoam Lil Giant too (no egg turner), but I don't think the thermometer that came with it is worth a darn. I bought a water weasel, digital thermometer, and a hygrometer from www.shilala.com (they also sell on eggbid)

Shilala's website explains the use of the water weasel:
[http://shilala.com/weasel.html]

Hinkjc is correct about the very small adjustments part, you only need to turn the knob a tiny bit.

Stephanie (also in TN)

The Bator is Finally Set and I have 40 Eggs in it now. I can't Wait till these lil chicks hatch. It is So amazing knowing that an egg can produce so a lovely Thing. I love Chickens.

Thanks everyone, Dustin

Back
Top Bottom