aliannabadeaux

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2020
what on earth is this thing i found on my goslings butt?
also is it normal for goslings to sound almost like theirs kissing or they have water in their nose when the breathe? sometimes it's even a small clicking noise? i've never raised a gosling before and just don't know about what their overall behavior is. TIA

Attachments

• 9700EBB9-C564-4B8F-AFFA-5AF24DFC3D5D.jpeg
    9700EBB9-C564-4B8F-AFFA-5AF24DFC3D5D.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 6
Is this top or bottom of your goslings body if top of back it’s most likely the oil gland where he gets the oil he spreads over his feathers to keep them water proof.
you are a genius. it is the top and that actually makes so much sense. thank you! also is it normal for him to drink SO much water. i feel like all he does is drink water and then take little breaks to go eat.

My waterfowl live at their water buckets an bowl probably nothing to worry about as long as it’s eating an normal every other way. What are you feeding it?

Last edited:
My waterfowl live at their water buckets an bowl probably nothing to worry about as long as it’s eating an normal every other way. What are you feeding it?
he's on duckling/ adult duck food. im very new to raising geese and am sad to see that there isn't much info online. but thank y'all for being so knowledgeable! i'm trying to think of all the other questions i have😂

Back
Top Bottom