Help.! :(

SammileeChickie

Songster
Mar 7, 2015
Southern California

So this is my run it is 6x3 feet. And I have two chickens. At first some people said it was a good size coop, but now people are telling me it's a little small and I should get a third chicken just in case one dies.
I do not free range because my chickens could probably fly over then fence in neighbors yards and I don't want that( grouchy old neighbors.!) but I do move the run around every two weeks or so so they get a new part of my yard to peck and scratch at.
So my question is, is this to small for two chickens.? Or am I able to get a third one still.?

So this is my run it is 6x3 feet. And I have two chickens. At first some people said it was a good size coop, but now people are telling me it's a little small and I should get a third chicken just in case one dies.
I do not free range because my chickens could probably fly over then fence in neighbors yards and I don't want that( grouchy old neighbors.!) but I do move the run around every two weeks or so so they get a new part of my yard to peck and scratch at.
So my question is, is this to small for two chickens.? Or am I able to get a third one still.?

It's just enough for two LF birds, a third would be pushing it. Moving it around is helpful in that they have stuff to do, so you could try it and see. Worst case, you have to extend run a few feet.

Back
Top Bottom